'True Blood' Season 6 and 'The Killing' Season 3 Get Premiere Dates
HBO has set a premiere date for "True Blood" season 6. The hit supernatural series will return with the new installment Sunday, June 16 at 9 P.M. ET. Unlike the previous seasons which usually consist of 12 episodes each, the next season will only have 10 episodes due to Anna Paquin's pregnancy.
Brian Buckner is the current showrunner of "True Blood", replacing Mark Hudis who left the show in the middle of the sixth season production "to focus on development under his overall deal" with HBO.
The new season will feature some new cast members, including Rutger Hauer (as a sinister guy who has mysterious ties to Sookie and Jason), Karolina Wydra (as strong and sexy vampire Violet), Robert Kazinsky (as new Fae love interest to Sookie), Arliss Howard (as Louisiana Governor Truman Burrell), Jurnee Smollett-Bell (as do-gooder Nicole) and Amelia Rose Blaire (as Burrell's daughter).
Meanwhile, AMC has also announced the return date for the resurrected drama series "The Killing". The third season of the critically-acclaimed series will debut on Sunday, June 2 at 8 P.M. ET with a two-hour premiere.
The new chapter is set a year after the Larsen case is closed. Mireille Enos' Sarah Linden is no longer a detective, while her ex-partner, Joel Kinnaman's Stephen Holder, searches for a runaway girl. The new case leads him to discover a gruesome string of murders that connect to a previous investigation by Linden. This is when Linden is drawn back into the life she thought she had left behind.
Some other original actors, namely Billy Campbell and Michelle Forbes, won't be back to the show, while Peter Sarsgaard is added to the cast as Tom Seward, a death row inmate and a lifelong convict "for whom the clock is ticking down."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance