Ashanti Debuts New Single 'Never Should Have'
R 'n' B/hip-hop recording artist Ashanti is back with new song "Never Should Have", a track in her forthcoming new album "Braveheart" due to be released in June. The new single is the third track to be released off the 32-year-old entertainer's fifth studio LP which she describes as "very deep."
"Hey y'all my new single 'Never Should Have' is available on @iTunesMusic now!!! Download here now!" the singer/songwriter tweeted. In the almost four-minute track, Ashanti sings about an ideal relationship that started off beautifully and ended tragically.
"You never should have loved me / You never should have touched me / You never should have told me you loved me and you would never leave me," she sings in the drum-heavy tune which at times seems to drown her distinct voice. The heartbreak track, wherein she steps out of her comfort zone and onto the pop route that many similar artists have recently taken, will also be featured on the TV actress' Lifetime series "Army Wives".
Ashanti's "Braveheart" is her long-delayed follow-up to her album "The Declaration", which got into the top ten of the Billboard 200 when it peaked at No. 6 back in 2008. "It's something for women, just being empowering. This album is something very deep. I'm going places that I haven't gone on different albums," the singer shared about her latest project.
Ashanti's "Never Should Have":
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'