Rihanna Gets 3-Year Restraining Order Against Obsessed Fan
Court has granted Rihanna's request to put permanent restraining order against Steveland Barrow, a man who broke into a house, thinking it was hers. According to the ruling, Barrow must keep his distance at minimum 100 yards from the singer for three years. Rihanna's lawyer Miles Cooley told the court that Barrow caused Rihanna "substantial emotional distress and concern for her personal safety."
Barrow was arrested in February for breaking into a mansion near Rihanna's in Los Angeles. Rihanna's neighbors saw the man snooping around the house and confronted him. When the neighbors realized that he was an intruder, they called the police and kept him there until the officers arrived.
Barrow, who believed the house belonged to Rihanna, claimed that he was invited to Rihanna's home. He said he only wanted to give her poetry. According to the police, Barrow stole "a few personal items," slept in one of the beds thinking it was hers, and possessed some poetry to get her attention. Rihanna was in Hawaii celebrating her birthday with Chris Brown when the man was arrested.
When the court granted the restraining order, Rihanna had a gig in Detroit on Thursday night, March 21. She performed for 90 minutes, singing her hits such as "Love the Way You Lie Part II", "Diamonds", "Umbrella" and "All of the Lights". "I appreciate the love, Detroit. And I will always come back here when I tour," she promised her fans.
More Rihanna News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama