Rihanna Gets 3-Year Restraining Order Against Obsessed Fan
Court has granted Rihanna's request to put permanent restraining order against Steveland Barrow, a man who broke into a house, thinking it was hers. According to the ruling, Barrow must keep his distance at minimum 100 yards from the singer for three years. Rihanna's lawyer Miles Cooley told the court that Barrow caused Rihanna "substantial emotional distress and concern for her personal safety."
Barrow was arrested in February for breaking into a mansion near Rihanna's in Los Angeles. Rihanna's neighbors saw the man snooping around the house and confronted him. When the neighbors realized that he was an intruder, they called the police and kept him there until the officers arrived.
Barrow, who believed the house belonged to Rihanna, claimed that he was invited to Rihanna's home. He said he only wanted to give her poetry. According to the police, Barrow stole "a few personal items," slept in one of the beds thinking it was hers, and possessed some poetry to get her attention. Rihanna was in Hawaii celebrating her birthday with Chris Brown when the man was arrested.
When the court granted the restraining order, Rihanna had a gig in Detroit on Thursday night, March 21. She performed for 90 minutes, singing her hits such as "Love the Way You Lie Part II", "Diamonds", "Umbrella" and "All of the Lights". "I appreciate the love, Detroit. And I will always come back here when I tour," she promised her fans.
More Rihanna News
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?