Rihanna Gets 3-Year Restraining Order Against Obsessed Fan
Court has granted Rihanna's request to put permanent restraining order against Steveland Barrow, a man who broke into a house, thinking it was hers. According to the ruling, Barrow must keep his distance at minimum 100 yards from the singer for three years. Rihanna's lawyer Miles Cooley told the court that Barrow caused Rihanna "substantial emotional distress and concern for her personal safety."
Barrow was arrested in February for breaking into a mansion near Rihanna's in Los Angeles. Rihanna's neighbors saw the man snooping around the house and confronted him. When the neighbors realized that he was an intruder, they called the police and kept him there until the officers arrived.
Barrow, who believed the house belonged to Rihanna, claimed that he was invited to Rihanna's home. He said he only wanted to give her poetry. According to the police, Barrow stole "a few personal items," slept in one of the beds thinking it was hers, and possessed some poetry to get her attention. Rihanna was in Hawaii celebrating her birthday with Chris Brown when the man was arrested.
When the court granted the restraining order, Rihanna had a gig in Detroit on Thursday night, March 21. She performed for 90 minutes, singing her hits such as "Love the Way You Lie Part II", "Diamonds", "Umbrella" and "All of the Lights". "I appreciate the love, Detroit. And I will always come back here when I tour," she promised her fans.
More Rihanna News
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child