Steven Spielberg Out of 'Gods and Kings', Ang Lee Eyed to Replace
Warner Bros. Pictures is reported reaching out to recent Oscars' Best Director winner Ang Lee to direct a biblical epic based on the Moses story called "Gods and Kings". The studio immediately sets eyes on the 58-year-old filmmaker after failing to seal a deal with Steven Spielberg.
Lee is said "intrigued" by the offer, but has not been invited to have formal meetings with the studio yet. If he accepts to direct the "Braveheart"-ish version of the Moses story, it will be another new genre for Lee, who is well-known as a genre-hopping filmmaker.
Penned by "Paradise Lost" scribe Stuart Hazeldine and "Green Lantern" screenwriter Michael Green, "Gods and Kings" is based on the Book of Exodus and other stories from the Old Testament. It follows the life of Moses from his birth to death. Dan Lin and Matti Lesham are on board to be the producers.
As reported earlier, Lee is now committed to make his TV directorial debut with the pilot for FX's "Tyrant" from award-winning producers Howard Gordon and Gideon Raff. The project, which is written by Raff, marks the Taiwanese-born filmmaker's first project after "Life of Pi". Production on the pilot is scheduled to begin this summer in Morocco.
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer
- Miss Teen USA to Eliminate Swimsuit Competition
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!