Taylor Swift Visits 10-Year-Old Cancer Patient in Nebraska
Taylor Swift granted a fan's wish as she made a special visit to Omaha's Children's Hospital and Medical Center last Saturday, March 9. She specially came to see Lauren Hacker, a fifth-grader at St. Margaret Mary School who has cancer.
The "Speak Now" singer learned of Lauren's situation after her parents tried to reach out to Swift and a YouTube video titled "Come See Lauren Please, Taylor!" was specially made by a representative of non-profit organization Caring Bridge, Ellie Mulligan, to request the 23-year-old singer to visit the 10-year-old girl who has been struggling with acute myelogenous leukemia. The singer's representatives then contacted the family and eventually arranged the meeting. The visit was "something Taylor really wanted to do," a source tells Gossip Cop.
Lauren's dad, Phil Hacker, posted a story of his daughter's brief meeting with Swift on the family's blog, "Taylor Swift stopped by Lauren's room at the hospital around 1 pm in the afternoon. She spent about an hour chatting with Lauren... [who] played a song on the electronic piano key board that she got for her birthday."
Phil wrote that "Taylor was very impressed" with Lauren's skill, and the singer "shared stories from her childhood as she was getting her start as an entertainer and she told us all about the special stage designs of her new show."
Swift even prepared another surprise for the little girl. "Just before she had to leave, Taylor got out a bag of goodies for Lauren and provided autographs on notebooks, photographs and guitar pick . . . It was a great afternoon for everyone and I'm sure Lauren will remember it for many years to come," the young girl's dad added.
Swift is scheduled to kick off her world tour Wednesday in Omaha for her latest album, "Red".
More Taylor Swift News
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage