Taylor Swift Visits 10-Year-Old Cancer Patient in Nebraska
Taylor Swift granted a fan's wish as she made a special visit to Omaha's Children's Hospital and Medical Center last Saturday, March 9. She specially came to see Lauren Hacker, a fifth-grader at St. Margaret Mary School who has cancer.
The "Speak Now" singer learned of Lauren's situation after her parents tried to reach out to Swift and a YouTube video titled "Come See Lauren Please, Taylor!" was specially made by a representative of non-profit organization Caring Bridge, Ellie Mulligan, to request the 23-year-old singer to visit the 10-year-old girl who has been struggling with acute myelogenous leukemia. The singer's representatives then contacted the family and eventually arranged the meeting. The visit was "something Taylor really wanted to do," a source tells Gossip Cop.
Lauren's dad, Phil Hacker, posted a story of his daughter's brief meeting with Swift on the family's blog, "Taylor Swift stopped by Lauren's room at the hospital around 1 pm in the afternoon. She spent about an hour chatting with Lauren... [who] played a song on the electronic piano key board that she got for her birthday."
Phil wrote that "Taylor was very impressed" with Lauren's skill, and the singer "shared stories from her childhood as she was getting her start as an entertainer and she told us all about the special stage designs of her new show."
Swift even prepared another surprise for the little girl. "Just before she had to leave, Taylor got out a bag of goodies for Lauren and provided autographs on notebooks, photographs and guitar pick . . . It was a great afternoon for everyone and I'm sure Lauren will remember it for many years to come," the young girl's dad added.
Swift is scheduled to kick off her world tour Wednesday in Omaha for her latest album, "Red".
More Taylor Swift News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group