Simon Cowell Expects Demi Lovato to Return to 'The X Factor'
While Britney Spears and L.A. Reid have officially quit "The X Factor (US)", there's still a big chance that Demi Lovato will return for the new season. During an interview with Ryan Seacrest on his radio show, Simon Cowell expressed his hopes to have her back on the show.
"That would be a good guess," the British television producer said when asked if Lovato would return as a judge in the third season. "Nothing is official, but I liked having Demi on the show. She's fun to work with. I think we'd be crazy not to have her back."
Of rumors about the possible participation of Michael Bolton and the former Pope, Benedict, Cowell jokingly said, "I can't confirm or deny that," but it's pretty obvious that it wouldn't happen. However, he hinted that new judges "may be announced... within a couple weeks."
During the chat, Seacrest also asked Cowell, "Would you allow me to guest-host one live episode of 'The X Factor'? I kind of miss this," referring to their old time together on "American Idol" when Cowell was still part of the judging panel on the vet reality show. Cowell said "yes," but Seacrest would have to agree to some terms, including "a minimum of three weeks' rehearsal."
"The X Factor" will have another major shakeup following Spears' and Reid's departures, as well as rumor of Khloe Kardashian's firing. The third season of "X Factor" kicks off its auditions on Wednesday, March 6 at Los Angeles' Galen Center.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign