La Toya Denies Dragging Michael Jackson's Kids to Reality Show
Michael Jackson's sister, La Toya Jackson, has put out a statement regarding The New York Post's report about her "seizing" the careers of Michael Jackson's children. In the statement released through her publicist Juliette Harris, she calls the report "false" and "derogatory."
On March 3, the publication published an "exclusive" story of La Toya being a gold-digging diva by engaging Prince Jackson (16), Paris Jackson (15) and Blanket (10) in to the entertainment industry. It was reported that the 56-year-old TV personality quietly profited from her deceased brother's children by signing them as the only clients of her Ja-Tail Enterprises talent agency and collecting a 15 percent commission on Paris and Prince Michael's respective deals.
After allegedly signing Paris to star in a movie this year and Prince to be a correspondent on Entertainment Tonight and an actor on The CW's recently canceled "90210", La Toya was also reported to be on a deal with OWN, Oprah Winfrey Network, to feature the kids, herself, and grandma Katherine on a reality TV show. Insiders said bidding has approached $10 million.
This news made the "Just Wanna Dance" singer, who has named her two poodles after Prince and Paris, upset and decide to release a statement. She wanted to clarify that she had nothing to do with any deal the three children had made, and what she had done was helping them when needed. "Furthermore, there is no shopping of a reality show for the children," Juliette stated.
"La Toya is currently consulting with her attorneys on how to proceed against these false and derogatory statements made by the NY Post and other participating publications," La Toya's rep added.
The siblings will appear in one episode of La Toya's own reality show, "Life with LaToya", on April 13 on OWN.
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers