Nick Cannon to Play Drug Kingpin 'Freeway' Rick Ross in Biopic
Nick Cannon has secured a lead role in an upcoming biopic about notorious drug lord "Freeway" Rick Ross. The husband of Mariah Carey announces the new big-screen project with the drug kingpin himself in a YouTube video.
"I've been wanting him to play my role since '96," Ross said of Cannon. "We got hooked up, I met him. I loved his personality." The "America's Got Talent" host chimed in, "This is history in the making right here. We family now. We gonna get this thing right however long it take. The story gotta be told: the real Rick Ross."
The movie is expected to use script written by Nick Cassavetes who has penned "Alpha Dog" and "Blow". The project is described as "more than a MOVIE, it's a movement. This is the story of the real Scarface." Any other information remains unknown.
Cannon was last seen starring as himself in TV movie "Rags". His other on-screen credits include "Up All Night", "Day of the Dead" and "American Son".
Born Ricky Donnell Ross, Freeway clashed with rapper Rick Ross, whose real name is William L. Roberts, over moniker similarity.
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge
- Angelina Jolie Found Photos of Selena Gomez and Other Women on Brad Pitt's Phone?
- Kim Kardashian Bares Serious Underboobs While Going Topless in This Raunchy Selfie
- Metallica, The Strokes, The Weeknd to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza South America
- Justin Bieber Is Reportedly Pursuing Pamela Anderson
- 'Fast and Furious' Helmer Justin Lin to Direct 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Miley Cyrus Fills In for Sick Ellen DeGeneres. Watch Sneak Peek of Her Guest-Hosting Stint
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting