Nick Cannon to Play Drug Kingpin 'Freeway' Rick Ross in Biopic
Nick Cannon has secured a lead role in an upcoming biopic about notorious drug lord "Freeway" Rick Ross. The husband of Mariah Carey announces the new big-screen project with the drug kingpin himself in a YouTube video.
"I've been wanting him to play my role since '96," Ross said of Cannon. "We got hooked up, I met him. I loved his personality." The "America's Got Talent" host chimed in, "This is history in the making right here. We family now. We gonna get this thing right however long it take. The story gotta be told: the real Rick Ross."
The movie is expected to use script written by Nick Cassavetes who has penned "Alpha Dog" and "Blow". The project is described as "more than a MOVIE, it's a movement. This is the story of the real Scarface." Any other information remains unknown.
Cannon was last seen starring as himself in TV movie "Rags". His other on-screen credits include "Up All Night", "Day of the Dead" and "American Son".
Born Ricky Donnell Ross, Freeway clashed with rapper Rick Ross, whose real name is William L. Roberts, over moniker similarity.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic