Will Ferrell to Be the First Honoree of Comedic Genius Prize at MTV Movie Awards
Will Ferrell will add another award acknowledging his works in comedy. The "Anchorman" actor is set to be honored with the first-ever Comedic Genius Award at the 2013 MTV Movie Awards, which will take place on Sunday, April 14.
MTV President, Stephen Friedman, said on Thursday, February 27, "Will Ferrell epitomizes what it means to be a comedic genius and it's only fitting that he should be the inaugural recipient of this award."
"Over the course of his extraordinary, 17-plus-year career, he has entertained audiences across the globe with an impressive array of laugh-out-loud performances on air, online and in films," Friendman gushed. "Simply put, Will Ferrell is 'kind of a big deal.' "
Ferrell has starred in a number of hit comedy movies, including "Old School", "Anchorman" and "Step Brothers". The California native recently starred in "The Campaign", and will next return as Ron Burgundy in "Anchorman: The Legend Continues" as well as lend his voice to President Business in "Lego: The Piece of Resistance".
The 45-year-old funnyman had previously won some prizes at MTV Movie Awards. They included Best Fight and Best Comedic Performance for "Blades of Glory", and Best Kiss with Sacha Baron Cohen for "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby".
This year's MTV Movie Awards will be hosted by Rebel Wilson and will be broadcast live on MTV at 9 P.M. ET. The nominees will be revealed during a "2013 MTV Movie Awards Nominations Spectacular" show on Tuesday, March 5.
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?