Joss Whedon Weighs In on Possible Hulk-Centric Film, Teases 'More Death' in 'Avengers 2'
Earlier this month, words ran rampant that Marvel Studios was planning a standalone Hulk film for its Phase 3. The studio hasn't said anything to clarify the rumor, but "The Avengers" helmer Joss Whedon has weighed in on the subject, admitting that the report might indeed be true.
Promoting his low-budget film "Much Ado About Nothing" in Dublin recently, Whedon was asked if there's a possibility of Marvel making a Hulk film, and the director responded, "Yes." However, the New York-born filmmaker stressed that the possibility was very tiny as stating, "But it would be very, very hard."
Explaining the reason why, Whedon said, "The problem is [Hulk] is a very popular character, but he's not a superhero. Half of him is a superhero, half is a werewolf. You can't structure it like a superhero movie."
"The one thing you would have in your favor would be Mark Ruffalo," he went. "But right now I don't know if they have plans to do that or not, because he works so well as part of a greater whole. But by himself, it's tough."
During his appearance at the Jameson Dublin International Film Festival, Whedon also discussed his next big project, which was none other than "The Avengers 2". Teasing what fans could expect from the superhero ensemble pic, he said, "Death, death, and more death! I can't do any bigger, so I'm trying to do better."
Marvel is currently gearing up to release a number of highly-anticipated movies from the second phase. "Iron Man 3" and "Thor: The Dark World" will be released Stateside this year, "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" and "Guardians of the Galaxy" will come out in 2014, while "The Avengers 2" is set to arrive in 2015.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign