Joss Whedon Weighs In on Possible Hulk-Centric Film, Teases 'More Death' in 'Avengers 2'
Earlier this month, words ran rampant that Marvel Studios was planning a standalone Hulk film for its Phase 3. The studio hasn't said anything to clarify the rumor, but "The Avengers" helmer Joss Whedon has weighed in on the subject, admitting that the report might indeed be true.
Promoting his low-budget film "Much Ado About Nothing" in Dublin recently, Whedon was asked if there's a possibility of Marvel making a Hulk film, and the director responded, "Yes." However, the New York-born filmmaker stressed that the possibility was very tiny as stating, "But it would be very, very hard."
Explaining the reason why, Whedon said, "The problem is [Hulk] is a very popular character, but he's not a superhero. Half of him is a superhero, half is a werewolf. You can't structure it like a superhero movie."
"The one thing you would have in your favor would be Mark Ruffalo," he went. "But right now I don't know if they have plans to do that or not, because he works so well as part of a greater whole. But by himself, it's tough."
During his appearance at the Jameson Dublin International Film Festival, Whedon also discussed his next big project, which was none other than "The Avengers 2". Teasing what fans could expect from the superhero ensemble pic, he said, "Death, death, and more death! I can't do any bigger, so I'm trying to do better."
Marvel is currently gearing up to release a number of highly-anticipated movies from the second phase. "Iron Man 3" and "Thor: The Dark World" will be released Stateside this year, "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" and "Guardians of the Galaxy" will come out in 2014, while "The Avengers 2" is set to arrive in 2015.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns