Joss Whedon Weighs In on Possible Hulk-Centric Film, Teases 'More Death' in 'Avengers 2'
Earlier this month, words ran rampant that Marvel Studios was planning a standalone Hulk film for its Phase 3. The studio hasn't said anything to clarify the rumor, but "The Avengers" helmer Joss Whedon has weighed in on the subject, admitting that the report might indeed be true.
Promoting his low-budget film "Much Ado About Nothing" in Dublin recently, Whedon was asked if there's a possibility of Marvel making a Hulk film, and the director responded, "Yes." However, the New York-born filmmaker stressed that the possibility was very tiny as stating, "But it would be very, very hard."
Explaining the reason why, Whedon said, "The problem is [Hulk] is a very popular character, but he's not a superhero. Half of him is a superhero, half is a werewolf. You can't structure it like a superhero movie."
"The one thing you would have in your favor would be Mark Ruffalo," he went. "But right now I don't know if they have plans to do that or not, because he works so well as part of a greater whole. But by himself, it's tough."
During his appearance at the Jameson Dublin International Film Festival, Whedon also discussed his next big project, which was none other than "The Avengers 2". Teasing what fans could expect from the superhero ensemble pic, he said, "Death, death, and more death! I can't do any bigger, so I'm trying to do better."
Marvel is currently gearing up to release a number of highly-anticipated movies from the second phase. "Iron Man 3" and "Thor: The Dark World" will be released Stateside this year, "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" and "Guardians of the Galaxy" will come out in 2014, while "The Avengers 2" is set to arrive in 2015.
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'
- 'Tomb Raider' Remake Finds Villain in Walton Goggins
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up With Fetty Wap for 'Like a Star', Surprises Fans With New Bouncy Track
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'