Pitbull Disses Lil Wayne in Baauer's 'Harlem Shake' Remix
Pop rapper and Miami resident Pitbull releases "Welcome to Dade County", a freestyle over Baauer's "Harlem Shake", to address the damaging remarks made by hip-hop artist Lil Wayne against the Miami Heat and the NBA. Last week, Wayne disrespected the Miami Heat and the NBA, firing tirades against some players and even claimed to have slept with Chris Bosh's wife. He later only apologized to LeBron James and the city, but not the team, specifically to Bosh.
Pitbull, without mentioning Wayne directly in his rap, snaps back at the New Orleans, Louisiana rapper. "You got money, yeah yeah, that's sweet/ But we all know Slim and Baby really eat/ You talk Miami if you talking Heat/ Moral of the story, don't shit where you eat," he raps, referring to Cash Money co-CEOs Birdman and Slim who are the only ones profiting from Wayne's career.
It is evident in the track that Pitbull has a deep love for and loyalty to his city, and wouldn't let Wayne get away with attacking Miami after all the love Florida showed to New Orleans during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Other Miami natives like record label boss Luther Campbell a.k.a. Uncle Luke and rapper Trick Daddy denounced Wayne for his negative statements.
Since making his shocking comments, Wayne said he was just reacting to billboards in Miami that said "Lil Wayne, Go Back Home." "The main thing I really want to get out there is that I do apologize for the misunderstanding to the city of Miami," Wayne showed his remorse. "I love everyone here, it's just I'm passionate about sports and I felt very disrespected, that's all. I felt very, very disrespected."
Pitbull's "Welcome to Dade County":
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation