Pitbull Disses Lil Wayne in Baauer's 'Harlem Shake' Remix
Pop rapper and Miami resident Pitbull releases "Welcome to Dade County", a freestyle over Baauer's "Harlem Shake", to address the damaging remarks made by hip-hop artist Lil Wayne against the Miami Heat and the NBA. Last week, Wayne disrespected the Miami Heat and the NBA, firing tirades against some players and even claimed to have slept with Chris Bosh's wife. He later only apologized to LeBron James and the city, but not the team, specifically to Bosh.
Pitbull, without mentioning Wayne directly in his rap, snaps back at the New Orleans, Louisiana rapper. "You got money, yeah yeah, that's sweet/ But we all know Slim and Baby really eat/ You talk Miami if you talking Heat/ Moral of the story, don't shit where you eat," he raps, referring to Cash Money co-CEOs Birdman and Slim who are the only ones profiting from Wayne's career.
It is evident in the track that Pitbull has a deep love for and loyalty to his city, and wouldn't let Wayne get away with attacking Miami after all the love Florida showed to New Orleans during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Other Miami natives like record label boss Luther Campbell a.k.a. Uncle Luke and rapper Trick Daddy denounced Wayne for his negative statements.
Since making his shocking comments, Wayne said he was just reacting to billboards in Miami that said "Lil Wayne, Go Back Home." "The main thing I really want to get out there is that I do apologize for the misunderstanding to the city of Miami," Wayne showed his remorse. "I love everyone here, it's just I'm passionate about sports and I felt very disrespected, that's all. I felt very, very disrespected."
Pitbull's "Welcome to Dade County":
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences