Oscars 2013 Promises a Special Closing Show From Seth MacFarlane and Kristin Chenoweth
A special performance is set to take place during the closing of the 85th Academy Awards, right after the Oscar for Best Picture is handed out to its winner. The AMPAS announces on Wednesday, February 20 that host Seth MacFarlane and Kristin Chenoweth are both set to deliver a special show on stage.
Details of the special show are still kept secret, but Oscars producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron promise that it will be something people won't miss. "After the Best Picture award has been given, Seth and Kristin will perform a special number and we think it will be a 'can't be miss' moment," they say in a joint statement.
Chenoweth is the latest addition to the performer list for this year's Oscars. Previously, the AMPAS announced that the cast of "Les Miserables" as well as Norah Jones, Adele and Barbra Streisand were all set to sing during the ceremony.
Shortly before announcing Chenoweth and MacFarlane's special show, the organization also confirmed that Jennifer Hudson and Catherine Zeta-Jones would take the stage during the highly-anticipated awards event.
Producer Zadan had hinted that this year's Oscars would feature tons of surprising performances. "There are going to be some big surprises that no one will see coming," he gushed. "Those are going to be left for when you see the show."
The 2013 Oscars is set to take place at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood & Highland Center on Sunday, February 24. Presenters for the big night will include the likes of Jennifer Aniston, Michael Douglas, Jamie Foxx, Salma Hayek, Melissa McCarthy, Liam Neeson, John Travolta, Ben Affleck, Jessica Chastain and Jennifer Lawrence. Special guests for the event will be Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Daniel Radcliffe, Channing Tatum and Charlize Theron.
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie