Oscars 2013 Promises a Special Closing Show From Seth MacFarlane and Kristin Chenoweth
A special performance is set to take place during the closing of the 85th Academy Awards, right after the Oscar for Best Picture is handed out to its winner. The AMPAS announces on Wednesday, February 20 that host Seth MacFarlane and Kristin Chenoweth are both set to deliver a special show on stage.
Details of the special show are still kept secret, but Oscars producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron promise that it will be something people won't miss. "After the Best Picture award has been given, Seth and Kristin will perform a special number and we think it will be a 'can't be miss' moment," they say in a joint statement.
Chenoweth is the latest addition to the performer list for this year's Oscars. Previously, the AMPAS announced that the cast of "Les Miserables" as well as Norah Jones, Adele and Barbra Streisand were all set to sing during the ceremony.
Shortly before announcing Chenoweth and MacFarlane's special show, the organization also confirmed that Jennifer Hudson and Catherine Zeta-Jones would take the stage during the highly-anticipated awards event.
Producer Zadan had hinted that this year's Oscars would feature tons of surprising performances. "There are going to be some big surprises that no one will see coming," he gushed. "Those are going to be left for when you see the show."
The 2013 Oscars is set to take place at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood & Highland Center on Sunday, February 24. Presenters for the big night will include the likes of Jennifer Aniston, Michael Douglas, Jamie Foxx, Salma Hayek, Melissa McCarthy, Liam Neeson, John Travolta, Ben Affleck, Jessica Chastain and Jennifer Lawrence. Special guests for the event will be Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Daniel Radcliffe, Channing Tatum and Charlize Theron.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?