Christoph Waltz Spoofs 'Django Unchained' and Pope Benedict XVI on 'Saturday Night Live'
There were a lot of laughs when Christoph Waltz hosted "Saturday Night Live" on February 16. The actor parodied Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained" in which he's one of the cast. He also poked fun at Pope Benedict XVI who recently announced his retirement.
In the "Djesus Uncrossed" sketch, an ultimate historical revenge fiction was created as "Django Unchained" meets "Inglourious Basterds". Waltz rose from the dead as Djesus H. Christ with a naturally silent H, and was seeking revenge on the Romans who crucified him.
"When you get to Heaven, say hi to my dad," he said as he killed Judas (Samuel L. Jackson played by Jay Pharoah). In an "Inglourious Basterds" twist, he faced off Brad Pitt (Taran Killam) as St. Peter and Ving Rhames (Kenan Thompson) as Pontius Pilate who tried to take him down.
In another religious comedic skit, Waltz appeared as the frail Pope in a faux ad whhich explained that His Holiness would survive on a fixed income. Jason Sudeikis served as a financial advisor who gave him solution on how to pay his bills following his resignation.
Waltz also helped couples get in the mood with his song as one-half of a singing duo, the "Jamarcus Brothers". He packed on overloaded PDAs with his girlfriend in "Regine", became a creepy stalker in "Secret Admirer Letter", and hosted a depressing "What Have You Become" game show.
Meanwhile, he spoofed his Austrian-German roots in his monologue. "I've wanted to host for a long time, but they've always said to me you don't have a sense of humor," he said. "Then, I found out I'm the first German speaking host of the show, so naturally I was prepared to do some intelligent and humorous observations about where I come from."
He sang an Austrian song in English instead, "Smile, Damn you Smile."
More Saturday Night Live News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed