Kirstie Alley's New Comedy Ordered to Series by TV Land
Kirstie Alley is returning to scripted TV. Her new comedy previously titled "Giant Baby" has just got a 12-episode pickup from TV Land for a planned Fall premiere. The show is ordered to series under a new title "Kirstie's New Show", the network announces.
It revolves around Madison "Maddie" Banks, a famous Broadway star who finds her life turned upside down when Arlo, the son she gave up at birth, suddenly appears hoping to connect with the mother he never knew after his adoptive parents have died.
Maddie doesn't exactly see nerdy and schlubby Arlo fitting in with her luxurious lifestyle, but her assistant and best friend Thelma and outlandish driver Frank encourage her to give Arlo a chance. When she finally does, she is shocked to find that perhaps she has motherly instincts after all.
Marco Pennette ("Ugly Betty", "Desperate Housewives") writes the script. He also executive produces the show along with the lead female star Alley and Jason Weinberg. It's supported by Eric Petersen ("Shrek: The Musical") as Arlo, Alley's "Cheers" co-star Rhea Perlman as Thelma, and "Seinfeld" actor Michael Richards as Frank.
"This cast is a TV Land dream team of stars. Seeing them all together is truly mind-blowing," TV Land president Larry W. Jones said. "This series pick-up reaffirms our commitment to making broadcast quality original programming for a network whose brand stands for timeless entertainment."
"We've been after Kirstie for two years, and now we found the perfect show for her and the perfect writer in Marco Pennette," added Keith Cox, executive vice president, development and original programming. "We are so excited to give a home to Kirstie and this amazing cast with a show that TV Land fans will love."
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris