James Franco, Rachel Weisz and Mila Kunis Dazzle at 'Oz' L.A. Premiere
Director Sam Raimi's star-studded Disney film "Oz: The Great and Powerful" was premiered on Wednesday, February 13 at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood. As expected, the stars of the fantasy-adventure movie came in full force at the big L.A. premiere to brighten up the red carpet event.
Lead actor James Franco, who plays Oscar Diggs otherwise known as The Wizard of Oz, looked dapper in his Gucci suit and tie, arriving in an air balloon. His female co-stars, all cast as witches in the new Walt Disney Pictures flick, were similarly eye-catching in their gowns.
Rachel Weisz wore an orange Victoria Beckham dress, complemented with Jimmy Choo shoes, accentuated with a Tifanny bracelet and completed with a Lanvin clutch bag. The seductive Mila Kunis wore a cream-colored Dolce & Gabbana dress, with current boyfriend Ashton Kutcher accompanying her that night.
Meanwhile, Michelle Williams paraded a white, beaded Prada dress and shoes ensemble with a Kate Young for Target clutch. Williams got to design and pick out her character's costumes in the epic fantasy flick based on L. Frank Baum's 1900s novel "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz". The actress also revealed how excited she was about showing her new film to her 7-year-old daughter Matilda, although not during the premiere night but on a less overwhelming setting.
"Oz: The Great and Powerful" will hit theaters across the U.S. on March 8. It imagines the origins of the Wizard of Oz as Oscar Diggs (Franco), a small-time circus magician with dubious ethics, is hurled away from dusty Kansas to the vibrant Land of Oz.
He thinks he's hit the jackpot-fame and fortune are his for the taking-that is until he meets three witches, Theodora (Kunis), Evanora (Weisz) and Glinda (Williams), who are not convinced he is the great wizard everyone's been expecting.
"Oz: The Great and Powerful" new featurette:
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo