Batman Reboot Might Be Pushed Back Due to 'Justice League' Troubles
As the fate of the long-gestating "Justice League" movie project is still uncertain, the plan of a new Batman standalone film post-"The Dark Knight" trilogy is also being questioned. Addressing speculations surrounding the new Caped Crusader pic, Batman on Film shared the words that the project would still happen anyway regardless the "JL" project is scrapped or not.
The initial plan was to introduce the new Batman in the "JL" movie. However, the plan could be changed since the DC superhero ensemble pic would likely not hit theaters in 2015 as it was initially projected. "Don't worry about the Batman [film] franchise, it's [Warner Bros.'] most valuable [DC Comics-based] asset," an insider told the BOF site.
"I believe that they are now looking at introducing [the rebooted] Batman in a solo film, though that will likely take place later than they initially planned," the source went on revealing. "They are extremely worried how [the Batman film franchise] would be affected if Justice League bombs... and rightfully so. The fact that what should be the core fanbase of a Justice League film isn't on board is making them sweat as well."
Previously, it was reported that the Batman reboot might come out sometime in 2017. According to the source, the film might now be pushed back more than five years. "If Superman ['Man of Steel'] is huge, then they've bought themselves some time and will have a franchise to hang their hat on for seven, eight years. The need for Batman won't be as great, and [the reboot] of that franchise can wait until the Superman trilogy is done," explained the source.
Asked when exactly the Batman reboot would be released, the source said, "Under the scenario, I'd say around 2019 or so."
Just a few days ago, it was reported that Warners had scrapped the "JL" script penned by Will Beall. As the news broke, some sources believed that the entire "JLA" project might be "going to fall apart and never happen," though some others thought that Warners would still move forward, "unwilling to lose the superhero arms race."
The DC superhero ensemble movie still hasn't found its helmer, and the studio hasn't said anything about the progress of the project.
More Justice League News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny