Eminem Confirmed to Release New Album After Memorial Day
Grammy Award-winning rapper Eminem is set to come out with his eighth studio album in a few months, a much-anticipated comeback since his last recording "Recovery" released in 2010. Shady Records president Paul Rosenberg revealed Slim Shady's next album will be available in stores after Memorial Day, which falls on May 27 this year.
"We fully expect to be releasing a new Eminem album in 2013. He's been working on it for some time," disclosed Rosenberg. "It's safe to say that it will be post-Memorial Day at some point, but we're not exactly sure when."
Rosenberg added the artist's "far into the process" of recording the still-untitled album. He also revealed his ward would be touring by third quarter of this year, purportedly to support the release of the new album. "We've got some dates locked in for him to perform live in Europe in August, so we're trying to see what else lines up," he said.
Shady Records is keen on releasing 50 Cent's "Street King Immortal" which had been repeatedly pushed back from its originally intended debut back in 2011. It also plans to release Yelawolf's second album as well as solo projects of Slaughterhouse members Crooked I, Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz, and Royce da 5'9".
Rosenberg also revealed that ShadyRecords.com will be re-launched this year with new merchandise to enhance the Shady brand and continuously draw in fans, aiming to provide "a rich online experience for people that goes beyond people just checking in on when a new song or video is released".
More Eminem News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy