Eminem Confirmed to Release New Album After Memorial Day
Grammy Award-winning rapper Eminem is set to come out with his eighth studio album in a few months, a much-anticipated comeback since his last recording "Recovery" released in 2010. Shady Records president Paul Rosenberg revealed Slim Shady's next album will be available in stores after Memorial Day, which falls on May 27 this year.
"We fully expect to be releasing a new Eminem album in 2013. He's been working on it for some time," disclosed Rosenberg. "It's safe to say that it will be post-Memorial Day at some point, but we're not exactly sure when."
Rosenberg added the artist's "far into the process" of recording the still-untitled album. He also revealed his ward would be touring by third quarter of this year, purportedly to support the release of the new album. "We've got some dates locked in for him to perform live in Europe in August, so we're trying to see what else lines up," he said.
Shady Records is keen on releasing 50 Cent's "Street King Immortal" which had been repeatedly pushed back from its originally intended debut back in 2011. It also plans to release Yelawolf's second album as well as solo projects of Slaughterhouse members Crooked I, Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz, and Royce da 5'9".
Rosenberg also revealed that ShadyRecords.com will be re-launched this year with new merchandise to enhance the Shady brand and continuously draw in fans, aiming to provide "a rich online experience for people that goes beyond people just checking in on when a new song or video is released".
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'