Taylor Swift to Open 55th Grammy Awards Night Show
Taylor Swift is set to open the 55th Grammy Awards show on Sunday night, February 10, live from the Los Angeles Staples Center. The 23-year-old country/pop superstar will most likely choose to perform her break-up anthem "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together", which is nominated for Record of the Year.
Swift, who a month ago was selected to perform along with other A-listers and co-nominees on the much-awaited event, revealed it was only recently that she got wind she was elected for the opening slot. "A week ago they call us and they're like 'Oh, by the way you're opening the show.' So it's not like they approach you and say listen 'Let's do a big opening performance thing,' it just kind of surprised me that I was gonna go first. But I'm really, really excited about it," Swift told Ryan Seacrest in an interview.
Swift further revealed that she might be performing her hit "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" for her big show opener. "I think you should perform the song that's nominated. Like, if you got a song nominated for Record of the Year, you might as well perform that. It's a big hint," she said.
The jet-setting artist, who will also be flying to London this month to perform at the forthcoming Brit Awards, is also set to release a new single "22" from her chart-topping 2012 album "Red". She gushed, "Oh, it was just the best [being 22]. I'm really stoked that that's going to be the next single."
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed