Taylor Swift to Open 55th Grammy Awards Night Show
Taylor Swift is set to open the 55th Grammy Awards show on Sunday night, February 10, live from the Los Angeles Staples Center. The 23-year-old country/pop superstar will most likely choose to perform her break-up anthem "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together", which is nominated for Record of the Year.
Swift, who a month ago was selected to perform along with other A-listers and co-nominees on the much-awaited event, revealed it was only recently that she got wind she was elected for the opening slot. "A week ago they call us and they're like 'Oh, by the way you're opening the show.' So it's not like they approach you and say listen 'Let's do a big opening performance thing,' it just kind of surprised me that I was gonna go first. But I'm really, really excited about it," Swift told Ryan Seacrest in an interview.
Swift further revealed that she might be performing her hit "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" for her big show opener. "I think you should perform the song that's nominated. Like, if you got a song nominated for Record of the Year, you might as well perform that. It's a big hint," she said.
The jet-setting artist, who will also be flying to London this month to perform at the forthcoming Brit Awards, is also set to release a new single "22" from her chart-topping 2012 album "Red". She gushed, "Oh, it was just the best [being 22]. I'm really stoked that that's going to be the next single."
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son