Seth MacFarlane Takes the Pill to Enter 'The Matrix' in New Oscars Promo
After spoofing "Psycho" and James Bond, Seth MacFarlane pokes fun at "The Matrix" in a new Oscars promo. The comedian and host of the upcoming 85th Academy Awards hilariously recreates the iconic scene where Keanu Reeves' Neo is given the pills to enter the matrix world by Laurence Fishburne's Morpheus.
Morpheus offers Neo whether he would take the red pill or the blue pill. After explaining the difference between the two pills, Seth suddenly interrupts the conversation as he chimes in, "And if the erection last longer than four hours, do I call my doctor or?" He says, "I just don't wanna get hurt."
Seth will host the Oscars on February 24 at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood & Highland Center. A number of A-list actors are set to present at the big awards event, including the likes of Meryl Streep, Jean Dujardin, Christopher Plummer and Octavia Spencer. The cast of "The Avengers" as well as Mark Wahlberg and the titular Teddy bear in Seth's film "Ted" will also serve as the presenters for the night.
As for the musical performers, it has just been confirmed that veteran singer Shirley Bassey will take the stage during a tribute celebrating the 50th anniversary of the James Bond movie franchise. Also set to perform are Adele, Norah Jones and Barbra Streisand.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie