Seth MacFarlane Takes the Pill to Enter 'The Matrix' in New Oscars Promo
After spoofing "Psycho" and James Bond, Seth MacFarlane pokes fun at "The Matrix" in a new Oscars promo. The comedian and host of the upcoming 85th Academy Awards hilariously recreates the iconic scene where Keanu Reeves' Neo is given the pills to enter the matrix world by Laurence Fishburne's Morpheus.
Morpheus offers Neo whether he would take the red pill or the blue pill. After explaining the difference between the two pills, Seth suddenly interrupts the conversation as he chimes in, "And if the erection last longer than four hours, do I call my doctor or?" He says, "I just don't wanna get hurt."
Seth will host the Oscars on February 24 at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood & Highland Center. A number of A-list actors are set to present at the big awards event, including the likes of Meryl Streep, Jean Dujardin, Christopher Plummer and Octavia Spencer. The cast of "The Avengers" as well as Mark Wahlberg and the titular Teddy bear in Seth's film "Ted" will also serve as the presenters for the night.
As for the musical performers, it has just been confirmed that veteran singer Shirley Bassey will take the stage during a tribute celebrating the 50th anniversary of the James Bond movie franchise. Also set to perform are Adele, Norah Jones and Barbra Streisand.
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung