Justin Bieber's Mother Weighs In on His Relationship With Selena Gomez
Justin Bieber's mother has shared her thoughts about his hot-and-cold relationship with Selena Gomez. Dodging question if she wants them to give their relationship another try, Pattie Mallette just wants her son to be happy with or without the ex-Disney darling.
"Everybody watches his personal life -- we know about his relationship with Selena," Savannah Guthrie says, before asking the mother if she wants them to get back together again. "I don't know if moms get a vote, but are you hoping they keep it going?"
Ever so diplomatically, Mallette replies during an interview on "Today" show, "You know, I just try and support whatever he's wanting," the 37-year-old mother adds, "I think [Selena is] a sweetheart, and whatever they decide is great."
Mallette also comments on the media scrutiny on her son who was recently caught on camera smoking weed. "It's tough letting go and letting our kids make the mistakes that they need to make," she says. "I just have to trust that he's made good decisions in the past, and hopefully he's learned from some of my mistakes."
Though she doesn't specifically say she supports her son's reunion with the former Disney star, rumors suggest Mallete has "been pushing hard for Justin to get back with Selena." A source says to the Daily Mail, "Justin's mom has always been very close to Selena, and she's impressed by what a good influence she's been on her son."
"However, Selena doesn't want to associate with the crowd Justin's been hanging out with lately as she thinks they're not to be trusted," the source adds. "Pattie believes though that if Selena would just get back together again with Justin she could soon get him back on the straight and narrow."
Rumor has it, Gomez's mom also approves any future reconciliation with Bieber although the mother also has concern about the Beibs' recent antics. "This is more about getting Justin to clean up his act and his image," a source told Chicago-Sun Times. "Both these kids undoubtedly will date lots of people before they truly settle down."
More Justin Bieber News
- Meek Mill Takes More Shots at Drake on 'All the Way Up' Remix
- Disney Is Considering a Live-Action Version of 'The Little Mermaid'
- Johnny Depp Protects $400 Net Worth, Refuses Amber Heard's Request for Spousal Support
- 'Limitless' Is Canceled by CBS After One Season, Gets No Second Chance
- Beyonce Holds Hands With Jay-Z During Date Night in NYC
- New 'Captain America' Comic Reveals Steve Rogers Is a Hydra Agent All Along
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp