Madame Tussauds Unveils Whitney Houston's Wax Figures
Almost a year after Whitney Houston's sudden death on February 11, 2012, Madame Tussauds honors the diva by creating wax figures of hers. The museum will unveil the singing legend's "twins" this Thursday, February 7 in New York City, but has releaved how they will look by releasing the picture.
"We were extremely honored when Madame Tussauds approached us about doing four figures of Whitney from different points in her 30-year career," Houston's manager and sister-in-law Pat Houston said in a statement on behalf of the Houston family. "This is something we are excited to do for the fans."
Madame Tussauds revealed not only one figure of the singer and actress who died at 48, but four separated figures. The four figures were created at the Tussauds studio in London, but will be residing in four different cities.
Washington D.C. will get the figure of Houston wearing headband and white sportswear performing the national anthem at the 1991 Super Bowl, Las Vegas will display the Houston statue from her 1988 music video "I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)", Los Angeles will get Houston's figure from her 1992 movie "The Bodyguard", and New York will honor the star with a wax figure modeled off a 2009 photo shoot.
"She was a true and rare talent, and we are exceedingly proud to be adding her wax likeness to our attractions in the United States," said Rosemary Preta, director of marketing, Midway USA, Merlin Entertainment Group.
More Whitney Houston News
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs