First 'Star Wars' Standalone Film Allegedly Has Found Its Central Character
Hot on heels of swirling rumors about possible Hulk-centric films in Walt Disney Pictures/Marvel Studio's Phase 3 slate, another big rumor surrounding the Mouse House's upcoming project surfaces. This time around, it's about Disney/LucasFilm's "Star Wars" franchise.
It has been reported that the studio is indeed developing "standalone" movies (or some kind of spin off) centering on side characters in the space saga series created by George Lucas. The standalone pics will not be related to the new trilogy, including "Star Wars Episode 7" which has nabbed J.J. Abrams as its helmer.
Adding fuel to the report, Ain't It Cool News claims that it has obtained a major tidbit about the first "Star Wars" standalone movie. The site [SPOILER ALERT!] states that the first spinoff will focus on wisest Jedi masters who is none other than Yoda.
"The first Stand Alone film is going to center upon YODA," claims AICN. "At this stage specifics are sparse, but Kathleen Kennedy is putting together a STAR WARS slate..." It is, however, still unclear whether Yoda will appear young or old, or via CGI or puppet.
Just a few weeks ago, words ran rampant on the web that "Man of Steel" director Zack Snyder had pitched a "Seven Samurai"-insipired standalone movie for "Star Wars". His rep, however, strictly denied the report, claiming that "Zack is not involved in any way with the new Star Wars. He is currently in post on his two films, Man of Steel and 300: Battle of Artemisia [now known as '300: Rise of an Empire']."
Nothing has been confirmed about the possible Yoda standalone movie. As for now, Disney is busy preparing "Episode 7". With Abrams on the helming duty, the highly-anticipated movie is expected to hit the U.S. theaters sometime in 2015. Serving as the scribe is Oscar winner Michael Arndt.
More Rogue One: A Star Wars Story News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked