Lindsay Lohan Avoids Jail Time in Latest Court Hearing, Shows Off New Tattoo
Lindsay Lohan is very lucky when it comes to staying out of jail despite her countless legal troubles. It seems that the "Liz & Dick" actress' decision to show up in court on a January 30 hearing is a right move since she dodges being sent to the pokey for now.
LiLo was charged with lying to police, reckless driving and obstructing officers from performing their duties following a car accident last summer. Attending the hearing in a black sleeveless dress with her mother Dina Lohan, she shows off a new tattoo of a triangle with double red linings on her arm.
The 26-year-old troubled star arrived around 5 minutes late and looked a bit tired from her flight from New York City to Los Angeles. Though avoiding jail time, she can't escape a few quips from Judge Stephanie Sautner who has sentenced her to prison in the past.
New York attorney Mark Heller hired by LiLo after she fired Shawn Holley explained the former child actress decided to attend the hearing to "show respect to the court" despite initial reports that she's not feeling well. He said his client had an upper respiratory infection, but the judge didn't buy it.
"Is that like a cold?" Sautner quipped. Heller said it was more like flu, but the veteran judge was not convinced by his explanation, "No it's not. The flu is the flu." The attorney once again got unfavorable comment when he tried to make a small talk about the judge's New York roots. "Flattery doesn't get you anywhere in this court," the judge cut him off.
Her case is due to be back in court on March 1, and again on March 18 if it goes to trial. The "Mean Girls" star is not required to attend the pre-trial date on March 1, but she's ordered to make an appearance in courtroom on March 18.
Later that day, Dina begrudgingly sent a congratulatory message to her former husband Michael Lohan for his newborn baby boy with his fiancee Kate Major. "It's been a long day ... I'm exhausted," she said when caught up with paparazzi after the court date. "We're moving in a good direction."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support