Eric Clapton to Release New Album 'Old Sock' in March
"Tears in Heaven" singer and guitarist Eric Clapton is set to release a new album by the end of the first quarter in 2013. Entitled "Old Sock", the album will be the legendary rocker's 21st career LP and his first since his 2010 "Clapton" album. Fellow English music superstar Paul McCartney, formerly of the phenomenal band The Beatles, is featured along with other special guests.
To be released under Clapton's own Bushbranch label, "Old Sock" will carry new version of 10 of his favorite songs from throughout his life plus two new tracks "Every Little" and "Gotta Get Over". McCartney plays bass guitar as he sings the track "All of Me" while R'n'B diva Chaka Khan lends back-up vocals on "Get on Over".
Clapton's old Blind Faith band mate, the Grammy Award-winning instrumentalist Steve Winwood, plays the organ on "Still Got the Blues", while blues legend J.J. Cale plays guitar and sings back-up on the single "Angel". Other tracks featured have the three-time Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee covering a myriad of genres, from blues to reggae and jazz standards.
In support of the new album, the former The Yardbirds and Cream member will go on a U.S. concert tour that will end in the Crossroads Guitar Festival at the Madison Square Garden. Legendary guitarists B.B. King, Buddy Guy, and The Allman Brothers Band will guest along with their younger contemporaries John Mayer and Gary Clark Jr..
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch