Eric Clapton to Release New Album 'Old Sock' in March
"Tears in Heaven" singer and guitarist Eric Clapton is set to release a new album by the end of the first quarter in 2013. Entitled "Old Sock", the album will be the legendary rocker's 21st career LP and his first since his 2010 "Clapton" album. Fellow English music superstar Paul McCartney, formerly of the phenomenal band The Beatles, is featured along with other special guests.
To be released under Clapton's own Bushbranch label, "Old Sock" will carry new version of 10 of his favorite songs from throughout his life plus two new tracks "Every Little" and "Gotta Get Over". McCartney plays bass guitar as he sings the track "All of Me" while R'n'B diva Chaka Khan lends back-up vocals on "Get on Over".
Clapton's old Blind Faith band mate, the Grammy Award-winning instrumentalist Steve Winwood, plays the organ on "Still Got the Blues", while blues legend J.J. Cale plays guitar and sings back-up on the single "Angel". Other tracks featured have the three-time Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee covering a myriad of genres, from blues to reggae and jazz standards.
In support of the new album, the former The Yardbirds and Cream member will go on a U.S. concert tour that will end in the Crossroads Guitar Festival at the Madison Square Garden. Legendary guitarists B.B. King, Buddy Guy, and The Allman Brothers Band will guest along with their younger contemporaries John Mayer and Gary Clark Jr..
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour