Eric Clapton to Release New Album 'Old Sock' in March
"Tears in Heaven" singer and guitarist Eric Clapton is set to release a new album by the end of the first quarter in 2013. Entitled "Old Sock", the album will be the legendary rocker's 21st career LP and his first since his 2010 "Clapton" album. Fellow English music superstar Paul McCartney, formerly of the phenomenal band The Beatles, is featured along with other special guests.
To be released under Clapton's own Bushbranch label, "Old Sock" will carry new version of 10 of his favorite songs from throughout his life plus two new tracks "Every Little" and "Gotta Get Over". McCartney plays bass guitar as he sings the track "All of Me" while R'n'B diva Chaka Khan lends back-up vocals on "Get on Over".
Clapton's old Blind Faith band mate, the Grammy Award-winning instrumentalist Steve Winwood, plays the organ on "Still Got the Blues", while blues legend J.J. Cale plays guitar and sings back-up on the single "Angel". Other tracks featured have the three-time Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee covering a myriad of genres, from blues to reggae and jazz standards.
In support of the new album, the former The Yardbirds and Cream member will go on a U.S. concert tour that will end in the Crossroads Guitar Festival at the Madison Square Garden. Legendary guitarists B.B. King, Buddy Guy, and The Allman Brothers Band will guest along with their younger contemporaries John Mayer and Gary Clark Jr..
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name