Showtime Renews 'House of Lies', 'Shameless', 'Californication'
Showtime has ordered brand new seasons of its Sunday's comedies, "House of Lies", "Shameless" and "Californication". Announcing the renewals, David Nevins, President of Entertainment, Showtime Networks Inc, states, "Californication, House of Lies, and Shameless possess highly distinctive comedic voices."
He continues, "...and given that all three continue to grow their audience season after season - the pick-up decision was easy. I am incredibly excited to see what each of these series has in store for their next seasons."
All three shows indeed gain more viewers than their prior seasons. Season 2 of "House of Lies" is averaging 3.2 million viewers weekly, up 10% from its freshman season (2.91 million).
The third season of "Shameless" is currently averaging 5.4 million viewers, up 22% from its sophomore season (4.4 million). "Californication", meanwhile, is averaging 3.1 million weekly viewers in its sixth season, up 21% versus season 5 (2.5 million).
The three shows will begin production of the new seasons in Los Angeles later this year for 2014 premiere.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie