Showtime Renews 'House of Lies', 'Shameless', 'Californication'
Showtime has ordered brand new seasons of its Sunday's comedies, "House of Lies", "Shameless" and "Californication". Announcing the renewals, David Nevins, President of Entertainment, Showtime Networks Inc, states, "Californication, House of Lies, and Shameless possess highly distinctive comedic voices."
He continues, "...and given that all three continue to grow their audience season after season - the pick-up decision was easy. I am incredibly excited to see what each of these series has in store for their next seasons."
All three shows indeed gain more viewers than their prior seasons. Season 2 of "House of Lies" is averaging 3.2 million viewers weekly, up 10% from its freshman season (2.91 million).
The third season of "Shameless" is currently averaging 5.4 million viewers, up 22% from its sophomore season (4.4 million). "Californication", meanwhile, is averaging 3.1 million weekly viewers in its sixth season, up 21% versus season 5 (2.5 million).
The three shows will begin production of the new seasons in Los Angeles later this year for 2014 premiere.
More House of Lies News
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer
- Miss Teen USA to Eliminate Swimsuit Competition
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!