Showtime Renews 'House of Lies', 'Shameless', 'Californication'
Showtime has ordered brand new seasons of its Sunday's comedies, "House of Lies", "Shameless" and "Californication". Announcing the renewals, David Nevins, President of Entertainment, Showtime Networks Inc, states, "Californication, House of Lies, and Shameless possess highly distinctive comedic voices."
He continues, "...and given that all three continue to grow their audience season after season - the pick-up decision was easy. I am incredibly excited to see what each of these series has in store for their next seasons."
All three shows indeed gain more viewers than their prior seasons. Season 2 of "House of Lies" is averaging 3.2 million viewers weekly, up 10% from its freshman season (2.91 million).
The third season of "Shameless" is currently averaging 5.4 million viewers, up 22% from its sophomore season (4.4 million). "Californication", meanwhile, is averaging 3.1 million weekly viewers in its sixth season, up 21% versus season 5 (2.5 million).
The three shows will begin production of the new seasons in Los Angeles later this year for 2014 premiere.
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay
- Chris Cornell's Wife Pens Letter to Late Singer: 'I Will Stand Up for You'
- Gucci Mane Shares 'Drop Top Wop' Release Date and Track List, Premieres New Video 'Hurt Feelings'
- Odell Beckham Jr. and Iggy Azalea Are Cozying Up in Romantic Bowling Date
- Kim Kardashian Posts Sweet Tribute to 'Best Husband' Kanye West on 3-Year Anniversary
- 'John Wick 3' Script Is Being Written, Filming May Begin Later This Year
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards