Showtime Renews 'House of Lies', 'Shameless', 'Californication'
Showtime has ordered brand new seasons of its Sunday's comedies, "House of Lies", "Shameless" and "Californication". Announcing the renewals, David Nevins, President of Entertainment, Showtime Networks Inc, states, "Californication, House of Lies, and Shameless possess highly distinctive comedic voices."
He continues, "...and given that all three continue to grow their audience season after season - the pick-up decision was easy. I am incredibly excited to see what each of these series has in store for their next seasons."
All three shows indeed gain more viewers than their prior seasons. Season 2 of "House of Lies" is averaging 3.2 million viewers weekly, up 10% from its freshman season (2.91 million).
The third season of "Shameless" is currently averaging 5.4 million viewers, up 22% from its sophomore season (4.4 million). "Californication", meanwhile, is averaging 3.1 million weekly viewers in its sixth season, up 21% versus season 5 (2.5 million).
The three shows will begin production of the new seasons in Los Angeles later this year for 2014 premiere.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?