SAG Awards Extends Deal With TNT and TBS Following Ratings Growth
Screen Actors Guild Awards will continue airing on TNT and TBS in the next few years. The two cable channels have sealed a new three-year deal with SAG-AFTRA to carry its annual prize-giving event.
The extended contract came hot on the heels of ratings improvement of the SAG Awards. The Sunday, January 27 telecast on the two cable networks delivered a total of 5.2 million viewers and 2.1 million in the 18-49 demo. It's up 2% in total viewers and 5% in the demo compared to last year.
"TNT and TBS' recognition of the SAG Awards' unique place in the industry and its wide appeal to the global home audience has helped make it one of the most important events of the awards season," says SAG-AFTRA National Executive Director David White of their 16-year relationship.
President and head of programming for TNT, TBC and TCM, Michael Wright, adds, "The SAG Awards are a perfect fit for TBS and TNT, giving us the opportunity each year to target comedy and drama fans with a star-studded night celebrating the best in television and movie acting."
The 19th Annual SAG Awards handed out its prizes to actors in TV and movie during a ceremony held at The Shrine in Los Angeles. That night, Jennifer Lawrence won her first SAG Award through her role in "Silver Linings Playbook".
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby