SAG Awards Extends Deal With TNT and TBS Following Ratings Growth
Screen Actors Guild Awards will continue airing on TNT and TBS in the next few years. The two cable channels have sealed a new three-year deal with SAG-AFTRA to carry its annual prize-giving event.
The extended contract came hot on the heels of ratings improvement of the SAG Awards. The Sunday, January 27 telecast on the two cable networks delivered a total of 5.2 million viewers and 2.1 million in the 18-49 demo. It's up 2% in total viewers and 5% in the demo compared to last year.
"TNT and TBS' recognition of the SAG Awards' unique place in the industry and its wide appeal to the global home audience has helped make it one of the most important events of the awards season," says SAG-AFTRA National Executive Director David White of their 16-year relationship.
President and head of programming for TNT, TBC and TCM, Michael Wright, adds, "The SAG Awards are a perfect fit for TBS and TNT, giving us the opportunity each year to target comedy and drama fans with a star-studded night celebrating the best in television and movie acting."
The 19th Annual SAG Awards handed out its prizes to actors in TV and movie during a ceremony held at The Shrine in Los Angeles. That night, Jennifer Lawrence won her first SAG Award through her role in "Silver Linings Playbook".
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video