SAG Awards Extends Deal With TNT and TBS Following Ratings Growth
Screen Actors Guild Awards will continue airing on TNT and TBS in the next few years. The two cable channels have sealed a new three-year deal with SAG-AFTRA to carry its annual prize-giving event.
The extended contract came hot on the heels of ratings improvement of the SAG Awards. The Sunday, January 27 telecast on the two cable networks delivered a total of 5.2 million viewers and 2.1 million in the 18-49 demo. It's up 2% in total viewers and 5% in the demo compared to last year.
"TNT and TBS' recognition of the SAG Awards' unique place in the industry and its wide appeal to the global home audience has helped make it one of the most important events of the awards season," says SAG-AFTRA National Executive Director David White of their 16-year relationship.
President and head of programming for TNT, TBC and TCM, Michael Wright, adds, "The SAG Awards are a perfect fit for TBS and TNT, giving us the opportunity each year to target comedy and drama fans with a star-studded night celebrating the best in television and movie acting."
The 19th Annual SAG Awards handed out its prizes to actors in TV and movie during a ceremony held at The Shrine in Los Angeles. That night, Jennifer Lawrence won her first SAG Award through her role in "Silver Linings Playbook".
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz