SAG Awards Extends Deal With TNT and TBS Following Ratings Growth
Screen Actors Guild Awards will continue airing on TNT and TBS in the next few years. The two cable channels have sealed a new three-year deal with SAG-AFTRA to carry its annual prize-giving event.
The extended contract came hot on the heels of ratings improvement of the SAG Awards. The Sunday, January 27 telecast on the two cable networks delivered a total of 5.2 million viewers and 2.1 million in the 18-49 demo. It's up 2% in total viewers and 5% in the demo compared to last year.
"TNT and TBS' recognition of the SAG Awards' unique place in the industry and its wide appeal to the global home audience has helped make it one of the most important events of the awards season," says SAG-AFTRA National Executive Director David White of their 16-year relationship.
President and head of programming for TNT, TBC and TCM, Michael Wright, adds, "The SAG Awards are a perfect fit for TBS and TNT, giving us the opportunity each year to target comedy and drama fans with a star-studded night celebrating the best in television and movie acting."
The 19th Annual SAG Awards handed out its prizes to actors in TV and movie during a ceremony held at The Shrine in Los Angeles. That night, Jennifer Lawrence won her first SAG Award through her role in "Silver Linings Playbook".
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones
- Scarlett Johansson Is the Highest-Grossing Actress of All Time
- Real Reason Why Caitlyn Jenner Didn't Attend Khloe Kardashian's Birthday Party Revealed
- Ariel Winter Goes Naked in the Bathtub Days After Breakup
- 'Preacher' Gets Expanded Season 2, '12 Monkeys' Is Renewed for Season 3
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer