Bradley Cooper Denies He's Interested to Play Lance Armstrong in Biopic
Setting the record straight, Bradley Cooper has made it clear that he would not star in a Lance Armstrong biopic to be produced by J.J. Abrams. The "Silver Linings Playbook" lead actor claimed he'd never expressed his interest in starring in the project despite the swirling reports suggesting that he "would love to" play the disgraced cyclist.
"No," Cooper said with a laugh when asked by Access Hollywood to comment on the rumor. "Oh my God, that's so nuts!" he stated while on the red carpet of the 2013 Screen Actors Guild Awards on Sunday, January 27.
The rumor mill started last week after Cooper had an interview with BBC. Asked about the idea of starring as Armstrong in a movie, the 38-year-old actor responded, "I would be interested in that. I think he's fascinating. What a fascinating character."
Explaining what really happened during the interview, Cooper said, "I was in Manchester, doing the BBC morning show... I had no idea what [the interviewer] was talking about." He added, "I didn't even know that J.J. has the rights, I had no idea. I don't know anything about it."
Paramount Pictures is currently developing a film about the infamous athlete which will be based on a proposal book called "Cycles of Lies: The Fall of Lance Armstrong". The book is written by The New York Times sports reporter Juliet Macur. She has covered Armstrong news for more than a decade.
Bad Robot's J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk will produce the film project, which still hasn't found its director and screenwriter and announced its cast.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance