Bradley Cooper Denies He's Interested to Play Lance Armstrong in Biopic
Setting the record straight, Bradley Cooper has made it clear that he would not star in a Lance Armstrong biopic to be produced by J.J. Abrams. The "Silver Linings Playbook" lead actor claimed he'd never expressed his interest in starring in the project despite the swirling reports suggesting that he "would love to" play the disgraced cyclist.
"No," Cooper said with a laugh when asked by Access Hollywood to comment on the rumor. "Oh my God, that's so nuts!" he stated while on the red carpet of the 2013 Screen Actors Guild Awards on Sunday, January 27.
The rumor mill started last week after Cooper had an interview with BBC. Asked about the idea of starring as Armstrong in a movie, the 38-year-old actor responded, "I would be interested in that. I think he's fascinating. What a fascinating character."
Explaining what really happened during the interview, Cooper said, "I was in Manchester, doing the BBC morning show... I had no idea what [the interviewer] was talking about." He added, "I didn't even know that J.J. has the rights, I had no idea. I don't know anything about it."
Paramount Pictures is currently developing a film about the infamous athlete which will be based on a proposal book called "Cycles of Lies: The Fall of Lance Armstrong". The book is written by The New York Times sports reporter Juliet Macur. She has covered Armstrong news for more than a decade.
Bad Robot's J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk will produce the film project, which still hasn't found its director and screenwriter and announced its cast.
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera