Bradley Cooper 'Would Love' to Play Lance Armstrong in New Biopic
After being nominated for Oscar's Best Actor thanks to his role as a mentally-troubled man in "Silver Linings Playbook", Bradley Cooper aims at a more challenging role for his next film. The "Hit and Run" actor has expressed interest to play Lance Armstrong in a planned biopic to be produced by J.J. Abrams.
Speaking to BBC, Cooper said that he would "love" to star as the disgraced cyclist. "I would be interested in that," the Philadelphia-born thesp added. "I think he's fascinating. What a fascinating character."
Just a few days ago, it was reported that Paramount Pictures is developing a movie about Armstrong which will be based on "Cycle of Lies: The Fall of Lance Armstrong", a proposal book written by The New York Times sports reporter Juliet Macur. She has covered Armstrong news for more than a decade.
Bad Robot's J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk will produce the film project, which still hasn't found its director and screenwriter and announced its cast. Cooper himself admitted he hadn't had any discussion about the possibility of him starring as Armstrong.
Apart from Cooper, other names who have been mentioned as potential candidates include Matt Damon, Jake Gyllenhaal, Michael Fassbender and Christian Bale. "I remember Matt Damon was going to do his autobiography at one point years ago," Cooper said. "I remember thinking, that would be a great character, I'd love to play that character. I would love to do something, I think he's pretty fascinating."
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His Debut on 'SNL'
- Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Can't Stop Tweeting During National Security Briefing on 'SNL'
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball