Katt Williams Avoids Felony Child Endangerment Case
Comedic actor Katt Williams caught a big break in the felony child endangerment case he was facing since December last year. He will no longer face criminal charges for marijuana and numerous guns which cops found in his house in Woodland Hills, California that he shared with his kids.
Williams, who said he didn't think pot was an illegal drug, will need only to appear at an informal hearing at the Los Angeles City Attorney's office where he will only be given a warning and will be counseled. The L.A. city attorney, who handles misdemeanors, found the case with gaping loopholes and decided not to file the case referred by the district attorney.
The district attorney who first handled the case and referred it after deciding not to file felony charges against Williams said the case didn't hold enough ground to be filed based on a couple of points. Williams insisted that the guns were locked safely away from the reach of his kids and that there were so many people living in his California home that there was no clear indication that the marijuana was his.
Williams was released after being held on $100,000 bail and spending a day in Valley Jail in Van Nuys. Although prosecutors did not find enough evidence to pin Williams behind bars, his four kids have been placed in protective custody.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying if She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday