Katt Williams Avoids Felony Child Endangerment Case
Comedic actor Katt Williams caught a big break in the felony child endangerment case he was facing since December last year. He will no longer face criminal charges for marijuana and numerous guns which cops found in his house in Woodland Hills, California that he shared with his kids.
Williams, who said he didn't think pot was an illegal drug, will need only to appear at an informal hearing at the Los Angeles City Attorney's office where he will only be given a warning and will be counseled. The L.A. city attorney, who handles misdemeanors, found the case with gaping loopholes and decided not to file the case referred by the district attorney.
The district attorney who first handled the case and referred it after deciding not to file felony charges against Williams said the case didn't hold enough ground to be filed based on a couple of points. Williams insisted that the guns were locked safely away from the reach of his kids and that there were so many people living in his California home that there was no clear indication that the marijuana was his.
Williams was released after being held on $100,000 bail and spending a day in Valley Jail in Van Nuys. Although prosecutors did not find enough evidence to pin Williams behind bars, his four kids have been placed in protective custody.
More Katt Williams News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed