Lance Armstrong Turns Down 'Generous Offers' From 'Dancing with the Stars'
Turns out Lance Armstrong is one of the most-wanted celebrities for "Dancing with the Stars". Entertainment Weekly broke the news that the disgraced cyclist was offered to join the upcoming spring edition of the ABC reality show, but he passed on it.
Sources say the former athlete, who was recently stripped of his Tour de France titles due to doping allegation, is among several high-profile "big get" celebrities who are regularly asked to join the show. Confirming this, his representative states, "Lance has been offered the show each and every year since its inception. Although flattered he has passed on their generous offers."
Armstrong isn't the only one who turned down a spot on "DWTS". Lindsay Lohan was recently reported to have rejected a $550,000 offer from the dancing competition. Ann Romney has also passed on an offer to join the veteran reality show, though she previously declared to be a big fan of it.
Armstrong grabbed the headlines in the past few weeks with his "no-holds-barred interview" with Oprah Winfrey. During the chat, he addressed his doping scandal, admitting that he used EPO, testosterone and HGH to enhance his performance during the race.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes