Lance Armstrong Turns Down 'Generous Offers' From 'Dancing with the Stars'
Turns out Lance Armstrong is one of the most-wanted celebrities for "Dancing with the Stars". Entertainment Weekly broke the news that the disgraced cyclist was offered to join the upcoming spring edition of the ABC reality show, but he passed on it.
Sources say the former athlete, who was recently stripped of his Tour de France titles due to doping allegation, is among several high-profile "big get" celebrities who are regularly asked to join the show. Confirming this, his representative states, "Lance has been offered the show each and every year since its inception. Although flattered he has passed on their generous offers."
Armstrong isn't the only one who turned down a spot on "DWTS". Lindsay Lohan was recently reported to have rejected a $550,000 offer from the dancing competition. Ann Romney has also passed on an offer to join the veteran reality show, though she previously declared to be a big fan of it.
Armstrong grabbed the headlines in the past few weeks with his "no-holds-barred interview" with Oprah Winfrey. During the chat, he addressed his doping scandal, admitting that he used EPO, testosterone and HGH to enhance his performance during the race.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Watch the Leaked 'Avengers: Infinity War' Comic-Con Trailer
- Jared Leto Circling Lead Role in Sony's 'Bloodshot' Adaptation
- Rihanna and Cara Delevingne Go Braless at 'Valerian' Paris Premiere
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes