Ray Liotta Added to Human Cast of 'Muppets 2'
Ray Liotta will make his return to the Muppets world. The "Killing Them Softly" actor has just become the latest addition to the cast ensemble of Walt Disney Pictures' "The Muppets 2", Variety reports.
Liotta previously appeared as a gate guard in 1999's "Muppets From Space". His role in the upcoming "The Muppets" sequel, meanwhile, is still kept under tight wraps. The 58-year-old actor will join the already-attached Ty Burrell, Ricky Gervais and Tina Fey.
Burrell, who replaced Oscar nominee Christoph Waltz, is cast as a lazy Interpol inspector. Fey, meanwhile, is set to star as a Russian gulag prison guard. It is still unclear what part Gervais will play in the movie but the role has been said to be on a par with the one played by Jason Segel.
To kick off filming in London this month, the sequel film will bring back James Bobin to the directing seat. He also co-writes the script along with Nicholas Stoller. David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman are set to return as the producers. Disney will release the family flick Stateside on March 21, 2014.
As for Liotta, the New Jersey-born thesp has just been added to "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For". His other next projects are "The Place Beyond the Pines", "The Iceman" and "Better Living Through Chemistry".
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His 'SNL' Debut