Barbara Walters Hospitalized After Falling and Hitting Her Head at Inauguration Party
Barbara Walters took a tumble at the residence of Peter Westmacott, Britain's ambassador to the United States. The 83-year-old ABC News anchor fell on the stairs and hit her head when attending an event held as part of Obama's pre-inaugural celebration before he began his second term.
"Out of an abundance of caution, she went to the hospital to have her cut tended to, have a full examination and remains there for observation," said the network's SVP Jeffrey Schneide. "Barbara is alert - and telling everyone what to do - which we all take as a very positive sign."
The TV host was reportedly admitted to a Washington, D.C. hospital. No word on when she will return home, but she is no longer scheduled to contribute to the coverage of Mr. President's second inauguration. She's expected to take a break to recuperate from the fall.
Mr. President is scheduled to take oath on January 20. Beyonce Knowles will sing the national anthem, Kelly Clarkson will perform "My Country Tis of Thee" and James Taylor will play "America the Beautiful" for the signing ceremony January 21 on the West Front of the Capitol.
The celebratory events has already kicked off January 19 with a family-friendly concert hosted by the First Lady Michelle Obama. Katy Perry, Usher and "Glee" stars took the stage at the Washington Convention Center to honor military families.
A private concert is expected to be held on January 22 for the White House staffers. Lady GaGa is rumored as a headliner, following the footsteps of Jay-Z who took the stage for Team Obama in 2009 after Mr. President's first election win.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off