Bradley Cooper to Fight German Spies in 'Dark Invasion'
Fresh off his Oscar nomination for Best Actor thanks to "Silver Linings Playbook", Bradley Cooper is closing a new movie deal with Warner Bros. Pictures. Per Deadline, the 38-year-old actor is set to star in spy thriller pic "Dark Invasion", based on a nonfiction book by Howard Blum.
Cooper will not only star in it, but he will also serve as the producer alongside John Lesher and Adam Kassan. No director and scribe have been tapped for the project as Warners has just sealed a high-six-figure deal to acquire the book, which will be published by Crown/Random on September 11 this year.
"Dark Invasion" is set in 1915 when Germany sent their Secret Service to the United States in order to wage a covert war to keep the States from helping the Allies. Those spies sabotaged U.S.' ships, bombed the factories, shot JP Morgan Jr. and destroyed the Capitol Building. They also set up an anthrax lab six miles away from the White House.
Bradley Cooper is set to star as Tom Tunney, an NYPD Captain who's assigned to establish a team that will bring those Kaiser's spies to justice. According to Blum's book, the CIA hailed Tunney its first head of homeland security.
After "Silver Linings", Cooper will be seen reuniting with Jennifer Lawrence in "Serena". He will also star opposite Ryan Gosling in "The Place Beyond the Pines" and reprise his role as Phil Wenneck in "The Hangover Part III".
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked