Golden Globes 2013: Jennifer Lawrence and Anne Hathaway Snatch Acting Awards
Before more winners in movie at the ongoing 2013 Golden Globe Awards were revealed, former President Bill Clinton made a surprise appearance on stage. Receiving standing ovation from the audience, Clinton introduced a clip form Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln", which has just broken the record by snatching 12 nominations at the upcoming Oscars.
Next, Jennifer Lawrence got on the stage to receive the Best Actress in Musical or Comedy award. The acting award was presented to Lawrence by hilarious duo Kristen Wiig and Will Ferrell who poked fun at Tommy Lee Jones upon announcing the winner.
Winning the top prize for playing a mentally-troubled girl in "Silver Linings Playbook", Lawrence enthused when accepting her prize, "What does it say? I beat Meryl [Streep]." She went on crediting Harvey Weinsten on her speech, "Thank you for killing whoever you had to kill to get me up here today,"
Jamie Foxx later invaded the stage to introduce a clip from "Django Unchained", before Megan Fox and Jonah Hill announced "Les Miserables" star Anne Hathaway as the winner of Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture.
The Fantine depicter gave a shoutout to Sally Field for the veteran actress' fight against typecast in movie during her acceptance speech. She went, "Blurg. Thanks for that word, Tina. That's for this lovely blunt object that I will forever more use as a weapon against self-doubt."
"Django Unchained" took its second award during the night as Quentin Tarantino won the Best Screenplay trophy. Robert Pattinson and Amanda Seyfried presented the Globe to QT, who gushed, "Wow. I wasn't expecting this. This is a surprise," while also thanking his actors. "I don't want input. I don't want you to tell me I'm doing anything wrong. Heavens forbid."
After Tarantino took the stage, Jeremy Irons introduced a clip from "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen". Hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, the ongoing Golden Globes is held at Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen