Golden Globes 2013: Christoph Waltz and Adele Are Early Winners in Movie
The 2013 Golden Globe Awards was kicked off Sunday evening, January 13. The first movie award at the star-studded has been handed out to Christoph Waltz as he snatched the Best Supporting Award title. The recently-minted Oscar nominee won one of the coveted prizes thanks to his role as bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz in "Django Unchained".
Presenting the award to Waltz were Kate Hudson and Bradley Cooper. Upon receiving his prize, the Shcultz depicter said, "Let me gasp. [Director] Quentin [Tarantino], you know that my indebtedness to you and my gratitude knows no word." He went on describing his achievement as part of his journey and thanked his travel mates. "The North Star is that one," he quoted his movie while pointing at Tarantino.
Later on, Catherine Zeta-Jones introduced a one-minuted clip of "Les Miserables", before host Tina Fey took the stage and jokingly explained that the procedure of choosing the HFPA President was similar to the plot of "The Hunger Games". She called the President "a world class archer." Rosario Dawson then brought a clip for "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel".
Before the next Globe was presented, John Goodman and the real Tony Mendez, who's portrayed by Ben Affleck in "Argo", screened a clip from the Oscar-nominated movie. After that, the Best Original Score prize was handed out and the winner was Mychael Danna who worked for Ang Lee's "Life of Pi".
Following Danna, it was Adele who was called onstage to receive the Best Original Song award for "Skyfall". Making her first public appearance after giving birth to her first child, the British singer thanked her boyfriend and Daniel Craig among others. "Oh my God!" she enthused upon taking her trophy from presenters Jennifer Lopez and Jason Statham.
Held at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, the ongoing Golden Globes has Fey and Amy Poehler as the hosts. The show is produced by Dick Clark Production in association with the HFPA.
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake