Report: Britney Spears Is Leaving 'X Factor (US)'
Britney Spears isn't going to return to "The X Factor (US)" for a second term. Despite the statement from FOX's chairman Kevin Reilly that the pop diva was wanted back on the show, an insider tells The Hollywood Reporter "the writing was on the wall" that she would never be asked to return to the third season.
Other sources, meanwhile, tell TMZ that Spears wants to focus on her music and plans to embark on a tour now that she has wrapped up her judging stint on the sophomore season of singing competition. "Britney loves Simon [Cowell], she likes Demi Lovato but her thing is music," one of the sources claims.
The "Hold It Against Me" hitmaker reportedly earned $15 million from her deal with the show. She and Lovato were the new additions to the judging panel after Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger exited the show at the end of the first season.
Recently at the TCA winter press tour, FOX's boss Kevin Reilly said, "It was sort of fraught with unknowns, [but] I think Britney did a really good job. People are really fascinated with her and always will be. Last year the ratings were a little but higher, but I think it was a better show this year. I think she tucked in really nicely on the bench."
Hinting at his desire to have Spears back, Reilly said discussions about the third season hadn't started just yet. L.A. Reid, however, previously announced that he wouldn't return for a third year.
- Shia LaBeouf Rips Drake, Lil Yachty and More in New Freestyle
- Jennifer Lawrence Reveals Why She Thinks She's a Curse to Hawaiians
- First Footage of 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveils Spidey's Classic Web Wings
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants to Reunite With Angelina Jolie Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Katie Holmes Finally Addresses Her 'Secret Relationship' With Jamie Foxx
- Watch Jessie J Writhe Around in 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' Video
- Kate McKinnon and T.J. Miller Go Wild in New 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- New 'The Walking Dead' Photo Teases Graphic Scene for Carl in 'Sing Me a Song'