Report: Britney Spears Is Leaving 'X Factor (US)'
Britney Spears isn't going to return to "The X Factor (US)" for a second term. Despite the statement from FOX's chairman Kevin Reilly that the pop diva was wanted back on the show, an insider tells The Hollywood Reporter "the writing was on the wall" that she would never be asked to return to the third season.
Other sources, meanwhile, tell TMZ that Spears wants to focus on her music and plans to embark on a tour now that she has wrapped up her judging stint on the sophomore season of singing competition. "Britney loves Simon [Cowell], she likes Demi Lovato but her thing is music," one of the sources claims.
The "Hold It Against Me" hitmaker reportedly earned $15 million from her deal with the show. She and Lovato were the new additions to the judging panel after Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger exited the show at the end of the first season.
Recently at the TCA winter press tour, FOX's boss Kevin Reilly said, "It was sort of fraught with unknowns, [but] I think Britney did a really good job. People are really fascinated with her and always will be. Last year the ratings were a little but higher, but I think it was a better show this year. I think she tucked in really nicely on the bench."
Hinting at his desire to have Spears back, Reilly said discussions about the third season hadn't started just yet. L.A. Reid, however, previously announced that he wouldn't return for a third year.
- Kourtney Kardashian Posts This Sweet Picture to Wish Scott Disick a Happy Birthday
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image