Report: Britney Spears Is Leaving 'X Factor (US)'
Britney Spears isn't going to return to "The X Factor (US)" for a second term. Despite the statement from FOX's chairman Kevin Reilly that the pop diva was wanted back on the show, an insider tells The Hollywood Reporter "the writing was on the wall" that she would never be asked to return to the third season.
Other sources, meanwhile, tell TMZ that Spears wants to focus on her music and plans to embark on a tour now that she has wrapped up her judging stint on the sophomore season of singing competition. "Britney loves Simon [Cowell], she likes Demi Lovato but her thing is music," one of the sources claims.
The "Hold It Against Me" hitmaker reportedly earned $15 million from her deal with the show. She and Lovato were the new additions to the judging panel after Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger exited the show at the end of the first season.
Recently at the TCA winter press tour, FOX's boss Kevin Reilly said, "It was sort of fraught with unknowns, [but] I think Britney did a really good job. People are really fascinated with her and always will be. Last year the ratings were a little but higher, but I think it was a better show this year. I think she tucked in really nicely on the bench."
Hinting at his desire to have Spears back, Reilly said discussions about the third season hadn't started just yet. L.A. Reid, however, previously announced that he wouldn't return for a third year.
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch