'The Bachelor' Premiere Recap: A 26th Girl and First Eliminations
Twenty five plus one ladies met Sean Lowe in "The Bachelor" season 17 premiere aired on Monday, January 7. Among those making impressions in their first meeting were Kelly who sang a song she wrote for Sean, Katie who tought him some yoga, Ashley P. who's a fan of "Fifty Shades of Grey" and wanted to be tied by him, and Robyn who tried to do a backflip but failed.
There was also Paige from "Bachelor Pad" season 3 and Sarah who had one of her arms amputated. Tierra, a leasing consultant from Denver, made Sean "bend the rules a little bit." The bachelor gave her a rose right away, saying, "You have this sweet, exciting ... such a good energy."
Lesley M. brought a football to run a play together, but she actually just wanted to see his butt. Sean said she's funny. Lauren, a journalist, jokingly said, "My dad did want me to send you a message. If you break my heart, he's going to break your legs." Lindsay arrived in a wedding dress and described herself as a "prankster."
After 25 ladies made their introductions, host Chris Harrison said there's another woman who wanted to meet Sean on the show. It turned out to be Kacie B. who finished fourth in Ben Flajnik's season. She wanted "to see if there's a possibility of something between us," and Sean was "so glad."
The other girls were upset that Kacie joined them as Desiree stated, "I don't think it's fair." Desiree, however, might be a bit relieved as she's among those who got the first impression rose. There were already some dramas as Taryn cried because she didn't get a chance to talk to Sean, and Sarah felt insecure because of her one arm.
Taryn and Sarah later also got the rose, along with AshLee F., Selma, Robyn, Jackie, Leslie H., Brooke, Catherine, Katie, Diana, Amanda, Lesley M., Kacie B., Kristy, Daniella and Lindsay. Meanwhile, Ashley H., Paige, Lacey, Lauren, KeriAnn, Kelly and Ashley P. were sent home in the first episode.
When "The Bachelor" returns next week, the girls will have their first date with Sean. A preview teases an ambulance trip and catfights among other dramas.
More The Bachelor News
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress