Guillermo del Toro 'Flattered' to Be Approached for 'Star Wars Episode 7'
Turns out Guillermo del Toro was one of the notable filmmakers approached to direct "Star Wars Episode 7". The "Pacific Rim" helmer himself opened up that he declined the offer to helm the massive gig despite the fact that he was one of fans' most favorite candidates.
To The Playlist, del Toro admitted that "we got one phone call to my agent saying, 'Is Guillermo interested?' " He went on explaining the reason he turned down the offer, "And basically I have so much stuff already of my own, and I'm pursuing stuff that I'm generating already."
del Toro claimed that he's too occupied with his other directorial projects, but confessed that he's happy to be approached for the much-talked-about space saga project. "It was very flattering," he said. "It was just a phone call, it didn't go past that, it was very nice to be asked, but believe it or not, I'm busy enough."
While he couldn't tackle the coveted directing job, the "Hellboy" helmer thought it would be great if Brad Bird was tapped to do it. "I think the fans deserve somebody that is just going to immerse themselves completely," he gushed. "As a geek, I would have loved to see Brad Bird take it."
"Star Wars Episode 7" has tapped Michael Ardnt to provide the script, but still hasn't found a director. Many filmmakers had turned down the opportunity to direct the film previously. They included J.J. Abrams, Steven Spielberg, Quentin Tarantino and Zack Snyder. The movie is expected to come out in 2015 and words are, the story will take place after the events in "Star Wars Episode VI: The Return of Jedi".
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016