Diana Ross Throws Tantrum at Restaurant After Denied Seating
Grammy Award-winning singer Diana Ross, the founding member and lead singer of the famous Motown group The Supremes, threw a "supreme" tantrum after she was not allowed to sit at a table inside the chic La Scala restaurant in Beverly Hills. According to New York Post, Ross was supposed to have lunch with her daughter at the posh eatery, but the diva arrived ahead of her daughter, and that unfortunate delay turned out to be the cause of the troubles that transpired soon after.
Ross arrived at the well-known Italian restaurant for a lunch date with her daughter, who was actually the one who placed the reservation, but she was not yet around when the veteran singer arrived. Ross had asked to be seated but was denied based on the eatery's policy that guests won't be allowed seating unless the complete parties arrived or they had a reservation. In spite of being refused seating, Ross still went inside of the restaurant and sat in a corner.
The manager then approached her to explain La Scala's seating policy, asking her to comply, explaining further that if she cuts the line, she will not be served by the dining staff. But Ross didn't leave and instead waited for her daughter to arrive before she threw a hissy fit, ending up with both mom and daughter leaving the place altogether.
Gigi Leon, owner of La Scala, has released a statement in light of the incident, saying, "I'm sorry that Miss Ross had a problem with that and she feels that the rules didn't apply to her. Our policy is that we don't sit incomplete parties. If people jump the line, our policy is we don't serve them, and she was told that. We treat everyone the same whether you're famous or not. We love having her as a customer. We'd be happy to have her back."
This was not the first time the multi-awarded artist made a scene for not receiving VIP treatment. In 2009, Ross fumed mad at the same La Scala resto when she joined her children's table for lunch but her request for an extra chair was not accommodated since there was no longer any room at their table. Ross and the group had to wait for 20 minutes to be seated in a bigger one.
More Diana Ross News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media