Nelly Releases New Track 'Hey Porsche'
Hip-hop artist Nelly is back with a new single "Hey Porsche" following his 2010 hit "Just a Dream". The new track, which sounds much like a radio-friendly tune, is Nelly's latest work after coming out with a couple of mixtapes, "O.E.MO" and "Scorpio Season", in the last two years, and after a successful coaching stint on "The Next: Fame is at Your Doorstep" alongside Gloria Estefan, John Rich and Joe Jonas.
In "Hey Porsche", the Grammy Award-winning rapper metaphorically talks about the object of his affection as if she was the much sought after luxury vehicle. "I wanna take your top off/ celebrate this champagne pop-off/ Yeah, we could turn the clocks off/ No rush, baby we could just park somewhere/ I don't need nobody's permission/ No keys, push start to ignition," he raps.
Nelly seems to have taken the pop route treaded by fellow rapper Flo Rida, who had a very successful year in 2012. Offering more singing than rapping, the "Dilemma" singer's latest track has evident similarities to Flo Rida's "Whistle", like a memorable melody and addictive chorus. "Hey my Porsche, I wanna try ya/ Crazy baby girl, there ain't nothing like you/ Hey little Porsche, so right I had to get ya/ B-b-back it up, let's roll, roll, roll, roll," he sings.
Nelly's seventh album "M.O." is due for release this 2013 and will feature Chris Brown for its first track "Marry Go Round". Besides his recording career and TV stint, he also dabbles in movies and is also a successful entrepreneur, with his own clothing line.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift