Golden Globes 2013 Promo: Tina Fey Describes the Event as 'Sloppy, Loud Party'
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler show how hilarious it will be when they host the upcoming 70th annual Golden Globe Awards. In a new promo for the event, both comedienne take turns making people laugh with their quips.
Explaining why she and Poehler decided to tackle the hosting duty, Fey says, "It [Golden Globes]'s a kind of very sloppy, loud party, and that seemed like our kind of thing." Her co-host, meanwhile, thinks what's so important of the show is that "television and film get to be together, so the beautiful people of film rub shoulders with the horrible, disgusting people of television."
"30 Rock" creator and star Fey also expresses her hope to win Best Picture. "I, personally, would like to win Best Picture. Just me, as a person, winning Best Picture, would be unprecedented especially because I didn't even really make a movie this year," she enthuses, while Poehler says she wants to meet Angelina Jolie after having a lot of "imaginary conversations" with the movie beauty.
Claiming to be out of touch with pop culture, they appear to be unaware of this year's awards contenders. Practicing how to call out the winner for best drama actor, the ladies shout, "Daniel Day-Lewis for 'Avatar'."
The 2013 Golden Globe Awards will air live from the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills on Sunday, January 13 on NBC. "Game Change" and "Homeland" lead the TV nominations with five and four nods respectively, while Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" is leading the movie pack.
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert