Golden Globes 2013 Promo: Tina Fey Describes the Event as 'Sloppy, Loud Party'
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler show how hilarious it will be when they host the upcoming 70th annual Golden Globe Awards. In a new promo for the event, both comedienne take turns making people laugh with their quips.
Explaining why she and Poehler decided to tackle the hosting duty, Fey says, "It [Golden Globes]'s a kind of very sloppy, loud party, and that seemed like our kind of thing." Her co-host, meanwhile, thinks what's so important of the show is that "television and film get to be together, so the beautiful people of film rub shoulders with the horrible, disgusting people of television."
"30 Rock" creator and star Fey also expresses her hope to win Best Picture. "I, personally, would like to win Best Picture. Just me, as a person, winning Best Picture, would be unprecedented especially because I didn't even really make a movie this year," she enthuses, while Poehler says she wants to meet Angelina Jolie after having a lot of "imaginary conversations" with the movie beauty.
Claiming to be out of touch with pop culture, they appear to be unaware of this year's awards contenders. Practicing how to call out the winner for best drama actor, the ladies shout, "Daniel Day-Lewis for 'Avatar'."
The 2013 Golden Globe Awards will air live from the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills on Sunday, January 13 on NBC. "Game Change" and "Homeland" lead the TV nominations with five and four nods respectively, while Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" is leading the movie pack.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna