Green Day Announce Tour Dates Following Frontman's Recovery
Green Day have announced that they will return to the road again following frontman Billie Joe Armstrong's recovery. The rock band said on Monday, December 31 that they will support their trilogy albums starting March 28 in Chicago, IL.
"We want to thank everyone for hanging in with us for the last few months," the band said in a statement announcing the dates. "We are very excited to hit the road and see all of you again, though we regret having to cancel more shows."
They have scheduled 11 new dates and announced at the same time the dates in January and February which have been canceled. Tickets for the postponed shows will be valid on the new dates while refunds are available for the gigs that have been canceled.
Armstrong, who was admitted to a rehab for unknown substance abuse, said, "Dear friends ... I just want to thank you all for the love and support you've shown for the past few months. Believe me, it hasn't gone unnoticed and I'm eternally grateful to have such an amazing set of friends and family. I'm getting better everyday."
He added, "So now, without further ado, the show must go on. We can't wait to get on the road and live out load! Our passion has only grown stronger."
- 1/7 - Green Bay, WI @ Resch Center
- 1/10 - Wilkes-Barre, PA @ Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza
- 1/11 - State College, PA @ Bryce Jordan Center - Penn State University
- 1/18 - Manchester, NH @ Verizon Wireless Arena
- 1/25 - Portland, ME @ Cumberland County Civic Center
- 1/30 - Cleveland, OH @ Wolstein Center/Cleveland State University
- 2/2 - Madison, WI @ Alliant Energy Center Memorial Coliseum
- 2/4 - Omaha, NE @ CenturyLink Arena
- 2/6 - Broomfield, CO @ 1STBANK Center
- 2/8 - Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Garden Arena
- 3/28 - Chicago, IL @ Allstate Arena
- 3/29 - Moline, IL @ I Wireless Center
- 3/31 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Consol Energy Center
- 4/1 - Rochester, NY @ Blue Cross Arena
- 4/3 - Philadelphia, PA @ Liacourias Center
- 4/4 - Fairfax, VA @ Patriot Center
- 4/6 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena
- 4/7 - Brooklyn, NY @ Barclays Center
- 4/9 - Providence, RI @ Dunkin Donuts Center
- 4/11 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
- 4/12 - Quebec City, QC @ Quebec Colisee
More Green Day News
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch