Ewan McGregor Among Queen Elizabeth II's Honorees
"Trainspotting" star Ewan McGregor is among those selected to get an honor from the Queen Elizabeth II. Announced on Saturday, December 29, the list which is called New Year Honors also includes singer Kate Bush, fashion designer Stella McCartney and numerous athletes who won medals at London 2012 Summer Olympics.
McGregor, who also stars as young Obi-Wan Kenobi in the "Star Wars" prequels, received two of the Officer of the Order of the British Empire honors on the list. "I am delighted and touched to be on the New Year's Honours list," the actor said.
At the same time, McGregor also received a tribute from Children's Hospice Association Scotland (CHAS) for his dedication in raising funds for kids. "Ewan has been very good to us - he is such a worthy recipient," CHAS fundraising director Roslyn Neely said. "We are just delighted that he has been recognized for everything he has done for us and other charities."
Meanwhile, director Danny Boyle reportedly has turned down the honor from the Queen despite his contribution in the Olympics opening ceremony. The "Slumdog Millionaire" director recently revealed to BBC radio whether he wanted to be called "Sir". He said, "I'm very proud to be an equal citizen, and I think that's what the opening ceremony was actually about."
Other recipients of the OBE honors are the illustrator of Roald Dahl's books Quentin Blake, comedy writer Jeremy Lloyd and Scottish physicist Peter Higgs.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes