Ewan McGregor Among Queen Elizabeth II's Honorees
"Trainspotting" star Ewan McGregor is among those selected to get an honor from the Queen Elizabeth II. Announced on Saturday, December 29, the list which is called New Year Honors also includes singer Kate Bush, fashion designer Stella McCartney and numerous athletes who won medals at London 2012 Summer Olympics.
McGregor, who also stars as young Obi-Wan Kenobi in the "Star Wars" prequels, received two of the Officer of the Order of the British Empire honors on the list. "I am delighted and touched to be on the New Year's Honours list," the actor said.
At the same time, McGregor also received a tribute from Children's Hospice Association Scotland (CHAS) for his dedication in raising funds for kids. "Ewan has been very good to us - he is such a worthy recipient," CHAS fundraising director Roslyn Neely said. "We are just delighted that he has been recognized for everything he has done for us and other charities."
Meanwhile, director Danny Boyle reportedly has turned down the honor from the Queen despite his contribution in the Olympics opening ceremony. The "Slumdog Millionaire" director recently revealed to BBC radio whether he wanted to be called "Sir". He said, "I'm very proud to be an equal citizen, and I think that's what the opening ceremony was actually about."
Other recipients of the OBE honors are the illustrator of Roald Dahl's books Quentin Blake, comedy writer Jeremy Lloyd and Scottish physicist Peter Higgs.
More Ewan McGregor News
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala