David Letterman Calls Jay Leno the Most Insecure Person He's Ever Known
Since being snubbed by NBC in favor of Jay Leno to replace Johnny Carson in "Tonight Show" slot, David Letterman makes no secret of his bitterness toward his rival. In a new interview on "Oprah's Next Chapter" that will air January 6, the 65-year-old host said their feud was more complicated than just a job rivalry.
"We were always friends before all of this happened," he said. "He has a way...he's an unusual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say - and I'm happy to say - that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his nightclub act, just the funniest, the smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic."
However, there's one big turn-off that made Letterman, who now hosts "Late Show with David Letterman" on CBS, would never call a truce in his war with Leno, 62. "The fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known...I could never reconcile that," he told his frenemy Oprah Winfrey.
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway