David Letterman Calls Jay Leno the Most Insecure Person He's Ever Known
Since being snubbed by NBC in favor of Jay Leno to replace Johnny Carson in "Tonight Show" slot, David Letterman makes no secret of his bitterness toward his rival. In a new interview on "Oprah's Next Chapter" that will air January 6, the 65-year-old host said their feud was more complicated than just a job rivalry.
"We were always friends before all of this happened," he said. "He has a way...he's an unusual fellow. I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say - and I'm happy to say - that I think he is the funniest guy I've ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his nightclub act, just the funniest, the smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic."
However, there's one big turn-off that made Letterman, who now hosts "Late Show with David Letterman" on CBS, would never call a truce in his war with Leno, 62. "The fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known...I could never reconcile that," he told his frenemy Oprah Winfrey.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked