'The Americans' New Promos Tease Spies Next Door and Complicated Marriage
FX is gearing up to debut a new series in 2013 and has released new promos for it. Titled "The Americans", it centers on the complex marriage of two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington DC shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected President.
Phillip and Elizabeth Jennings' arranged marriage grows more passionate and genuine by the day, but one of the new previews hints that Elizabeth never lets her guard down, even to her longtime partner. The other sneak peek, meanwhile, sees her recalling the time she was first assigned the mission.
Having two children who know nothing about their parents' true identity, the couple finds their relationship constantly tested by the escalation of the Cold War and the intimate, dangerous and darkly funny relationships they must maintain with a network of spies and informants under their control.
Complicating their relationship further is Phillip's growing sense of affinity for America's values and way of life. Tensions also heighten upon the arrival of a new neighbor, Stan, an FBI agent working in counter intelligence.
Created by Joe Weisberg, "The Americans" has Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell portraying the lead couple, with Noah Emmerich starring as FBI agent Stan. Emmy-winning actress Margo Martindale has also been cast to star as a KGB illegal living in the U.S. who delivers assignments to Phillip and Elizabeth in at least eight episodes of the first season. The period drama will premiere January 30 at 10 P.M. on FX.
More The Americans News
- 'Saturday Night Live' Taps Kristen Stewart as the Next Host
- Armie Hammer Responds to 'Green Lantern Corps' Rumor
- Big Sean Performs 'Bounce Back', Premieres 'Sunday Morning Jetpack' on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Louis Tomlinson Reunites With Briana Jungwirth to Celebrate Their Son's 1st Birthday
- Luke Bryan to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
- 'Veronica Mars' Boss Hints at Potential Revival
- Artist of the Week: Kehlani
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington