Demi Lovato Sings 'All I Want for Christmas Is You' on 'Christmas in Washington'
Singer-songwriter and actress Demi Lovato joins this year's "Christmas in Washington" TV special by singing a cover of Mariah Carey's original recording "All I Want for Christmas Is You". Lovato's rendition of the holiday song was taped earlier this month and was finally aired over the weekend.
The judge of "The X-Factor (US)" surprised viewers by belting-out the Mariah Carey hit, which she performed in front of Pres. Barack Obama and his family, and with First Lady Michelle Obama bopping her head along with Lovato's powerhouse vocals. Wearing a gold-studded black leather jacket over a black and gold ensemble, the 20-year-old singer was accompanied by a choir dressed in green sweaters with red scarves.
The Disney-bred star was the top-billed artist on the show, teasing her fans this weekend about her performance by announcing "releasing something I did today on Christmas Eve. I hope you all like it...means a lot to me." The brunette beauty also sang the classic Christmas tune "Silent Night" during the annual event.
For the second straight year, the holiday special was hosted by comedian and TV host Conan O'Brien and featured other artists like "American Idol" big winner and country music crooner Scotty McCreery, the legendary diva Diana Ross and K-Pop sensation PSY.
A multi-media star, Lovato, rose to fame via the 2008 movie "Camp Rock", in the same year releasing her debut studio album "Don't Forget". In the following year, she starred in her own television sitcom "Sonny with a Chance". An anti-bullying spokesperson, she is also involved in various charity works and other social and environmental causes.
"All I Want for Christmas" :
"Silent Night" :
More Demi Lovato News
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts
- Report: Taylor Swift and Harry Styles Getting Back Together
- 'DWTS' Stars Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Survive Attempted Break-In
- Heather Morris on Her 'DWTS' Elimination: 'I Was Very Happy for the Last Time to Be Amazing'
- Tyga's Afraid of Losing Kylie Jenner Forever as He Feels 'Threatened' by Travis Scott
- Hailee Steinfeld's New Song 'Most Girls' Will Arrive This Week
- Tiny's 'Nervous' to Divorce T.I.: Their Children Are Her Biggest Concern
- Madonna Slams Biopic 'Blonde Ambition'