Artist of the Week: Cassadee Pope
Cassadee Pope becomes an overnight sensation following her win on the third season of "The Voice". Mentored by Blake Shelton, the Florida-born singer beat fellow team member Terry McDermott and Cee-Lo Green's protege Nicholas David on the final night.
The lead singer of band Hey Monday stood out since her day in blind audition. She got the attention of all the four judges with her cover version of Natalie Imbruglia's "Torn", but she got a big break when covering "Over You" on the live top 10 performance segment on the competition.
Through her rendition of the heartfelt song co-penned by her mentor about his brother who died in a car accident, Pope reached number one on the iTunes chart and knocked PSY's "Gangnam Style" down to number two. She performed the song again on the finale, leading to her big win.
At the age of 23, she becomes the youngest contestant to take the crown. She's signed to Universal Music Group. "If you were to take Taylor Swift, make it edgier with a just a little hint of country and make the lyrics a little more mature," she teased about the direction she's going take in her upcoming album.
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board