Artist of the Week: Cassadee Pope
Cassadee Pope becomes an overnight sensation following her win on the third season of "The Voice". Mentored by Blake Shelton, the Florida-born singer beat fellow team member Terry McDermott and Cee-Lo Green's protege Nicholas David on the final night.
The lead singer of band Hey Monday stood out since her day in blind audition. She got the attention of all the four judges with her cover version of Natalie Imbruglia's "Torn", but she got a big break when covering "Over You" on the live top 10 performance segment on the competition.
Through her rendition of the heartfelt song co-penned by her mentor about his brother who died in a car accident, Pope reached number one on the iTunes chart and knocked PSY's "Gangnam Style" down to number two. She performed the song again on the finale, leading to her big win.
At the age of 23, she becomes the youngest contestant to take the crown. She's signed to Universal Music Group. "If you were to take Taylor Swift, make it edgier with a just a little hint of country and make the lyrics a little more mature," she teased about the direction she's going take in her upcoming album.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences