Randy Travis Enters Not-Guilty Plea to Assault
Randy Travis pleaded not guilty to simple assault charge stemming from an altercation in the parking lot outside Prestonwood Baptist Church at 6801 West Park Boulevard last summer. In a municipal courtroom in the Dallas suburb of Plano on Friday, December 21, the 53-year-old country music singer insisted that he didn't pick a fight.
Travis' lawyer Peter A. Schulte told Reuters he's "absolutely not guilty of this crime." The attorney added, "He was actually being a good Samaritan at the time, stepping in to save two women from being assaulted." The singer himself didn't make any comment other than, "Don't believe everything you see and hear. Merry Christmas, have a happy and healthy New Year. God bless."
Travis was charged with Class C simple assault in August. He, who's allegedly with his daughter back then, was accused of roughing up another man when trying to intervene a fight between his girlfriend and her estranged husband. The couple allegedly had a heated argument about the visitation of their son. In his defense, he said he simply came to the rescue of the ladies.
In the same month, Travis was taken into police custody and charged with DWI and retaliation. He reportedly was found drunk and buck naked by cops in a single accident in North Texas on August 7. He allegedly showed several signs of intoxication but refused to take sobriety tests. He reportedly threatened to kill the police who arrested him.
A Few months earlier in February, police hauled the "Forever and Ever, Amen" hitmaker off to jail for drunken driving while sitting in his car in the parking lot of another church in north Texas. His lawyer insisted he's sobering up since the public intoxications.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation