Avril Lavigne Covers Nickelback's 'How You Remind Me'
Female pop-rocker Avril Lavigne recorded her version of Nickelback's 2001 hit "How You Remind Me", which landed on the net on Tuesday, December 11. The song was originally sung by Lavigne's fiance and band frontman Chad Kroeger and is now part of an upcoming soundtrack for a Japanese Anime film titled "One Piece Film: Z". Lavigne gives this version a slow, piano ballad twist and a more gloomy and emotive vibe, which fans may definitely dig.
The "Sk8er Boi" hitmaker starts the song with a melancholic intro but she quickly picks up some beat on the tune as she croons through the ever so familiar hook of the track. There is a very sophisticated balance between the keyboard tunes and the drum beats on Lavigne's rendition and listeners will be instantly reminded why the song became a smash hit for Nickelback in 2001.
Though a beautiful version in itself, Lavigne's spokesperson was quick to clarify to MTV News that it was not a single release from the singer and that she is hard at work on her next studio set. There is no news yet on a specific release date, but the singer's label Epic Records already released a statement about the album. According to Epic's top honcho, L.A. Reid, the untitled album had made it to the mixing stage and that it would be released very soon. "I'd like to get it out this year, but time seems to be flying. If we don't, it will be top of the new year," said Reid.
The 28-year-old Lavigne and 32-year-old Kroeger announced their engagement back in August and have boasted that they will give their wedding a "rock'n'roll edge." The soon-to-be-married couple has also been working on new material for Lavigne's upcoming album.
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease