Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble' Video to Debut on Her Birthday
This coming Thursday, December 13, country music sweetheart Taylor Swift will mark her 23rd birthday with the equally special debut of her 23rd music video, "I Knew You Were Trouble", her third single from her latest album "Red". The distinct, dubstep-inspired tune will be matched with a "dark-themed" clip that promises to be different from Swift's usual lighthearted ones.
"As soon as I started writing this song, I knew it was different from anything else on the record, so I knew I wanted the video to be different from anything we'd done ever done," Swift a.k.a. T. Swizzle said. "I wanted to tell the story of a girl who falls into a world that's too fast for her, and suffers the consequences."
The new video premiere also serves as the highlight of a week of promotional activities, starting with the release of photos from the video shoot on MTV.com on Monday, December 10, followed by footage explaining her concept for the video on Tuesday. On Wednesday, T. Swizzle will go on a live stream as she looks back on her Top 5 moments in 2012, then a trailer. Then finally on Thursday, the music video directed by Anthony Mandler and shot in L.A. will be revealed at 4:40 P.M. ET.
Playing Swift's love interest in the video is Broadway star Reeve Carney (plays Peter Parker on the Broadway production of "Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark").
More Taylor Swift News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences