Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble' Video to Debut on Her Birthday
This coming Thursday, December 13, country music sweetheart Taylor Swift will mark her 23rd birthday with the equally special debut of her 23rd music video, "I Knew You Were Trouble", her third single from her latest album "Red". The distinct, dubstep-inspired tune will be matched with a "dark-themed" clip that promises to be different from Swift's usual lighthearted ones.
"As soon as I started writing this song, I knew it was different from anything else on the record, so I knew I wanted the video to be different from anything we'd done ever done," Swift a.k.a. T. Swizzle said. "I wanted to tell the story of a girl who falls into a world that's too fast for her, and suffers the consequences."
The new video premiere also serves as the highlight of a week of promotional activities, starting with the release of photos from the video shoot on MTV.com on Monday, December 10, followed by footage explaining her concept for the video on Tuesday. On Wednesday, T. Swizzle will go on a live stream as she looks back on her Top 5 moments in 2012, then a trailer. Then finally on Thursday, the music video directed by Anthony Mandler and shot in L.A. will be revealed at 4:40 P.M. ET.
Playing Swift's love interest in the video is Broadway star Reeve Carney (plays Peter Parker on the Broadway production of "Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark").
More Taylor Swift News
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic